The bright and memorable taste of pineapple chicken will not leave you indifferent. A spicy-sweet sauce of honey and Dijon mustard is suitable not only for chicken but will also make better any side dish.
How to make pineapple chicken?
- Step 1. Wash the chicken breasts, dry them with paper towels. Season with salt, black pepper, and thyme on both sides.
- Step 2. Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry the breasts over medium heat.
- Step 3. Drain the pineapple juice in a bowl, lay the pineapple rings separately.
- Step 4. In a small bowl, combine corn starch and 2 ounces of pineapple juice, set aside.
- Step 5. Add mustard, honey, and crushed garlic to the remaining juice. Mix everything well.
- Step 6. Pour the mixture with mustard into the pan to the breasts, reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Step 7. Remove the chicken from the pan. Pour dissolved starch into the sauce, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Step 8. Reduce the heat, return the chicken to the pan and roll it in the sauce on all sides.
- Step 9. Add pineapple rings, lay them on top and around the chicken. Cook another 2 minutes to warm the pineapple.
- Step 10. Serve the chicken breasts with pineapples laid out on rice. Sprinkle with fresh herbs as desired.
What to serve with pineapple chicken?
The choice of side dish is always up to you. This can be ordinary boiled rice, bulgur, or even buckwheat
For a more refined serving, use non-trivial recipes (Mexican rice or wild rice). Also, potato goes well with chicken and pineapple (Roasted potatoes and carrots, Baked sweet potato fries).
Of course, no one canceled fresh or baked vegetables, and salads (Vinegar salad, Amish broccoli salad, Red potato salad, Candied carrots).
For a truly festive serving, buy a large, fresh pineapple. Cut it in half lengthwise along with the leaves. Cut the core so that a cavity forms in the manner of a bowl. Put rice inside, and on top chicken, pineapple rings, and sauce.
Tip:For a festive serving, use fresh large pineapple. Cut the core so that you get a bowl. Fold rice inside, then chicken and pineapple ring on top. In the case of using fresh pineapple, use the pulp directly in the preparation of the dish. Or make a pineapple salad.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, CHICKEN RECIPES
1) Skillet Chicken And Mushroom Wine Sauce
2) Parmesan Crusted Chicken
3) Cajun Chicken With Bell Peppers
4) Chicken Stew
Can you freeze pineapple chicken?
Chicken in this sauce can be frozen. I prefer to do this before adding pineapples. Canned pineapple rings do not cope well with freezing and subsequent defrosting.
Then they can sprawl, do not hold their shape, and look very unattractive.
Put the chicken and sauce in a deep container with an airtight lid. Put in the freezer and store no more than 5-6 months.
Before serving, defrost in the refrigerator overnight or several hours at room temperature. Put in a pan, heat over low heat under a lid, occasionally stirring the sauce.
If the sauce is too thick, add some water or pineapple juice. Add pineapple rings 2 minutes before you remove the pan from the heat.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
1) Baked Bang Bang Chicken
2) Alice Springs Chicken Recipe (outback Copycat)
3) Marry Me Chicken
4) Chicken Piccata
5) Creamy Chicken Bake
HOW TO MAKE Pineapple Chicken and Rice
Pineapple Chicken and Rice
- 1 and half pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can 20 oz. sliced pineapple save the juice for the sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 servings of cooked rice.
- Sprinkle chicken breast with salt, pepper, and thyme. Fry until golden brown on both sides
- Mix starch and 2 ounces of pineapple juice, set aside. Mix the rest of the juice with honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, and pour into a pan. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, pour in the dissolved starch. Cook for 2 minutes until thickened, then return the chicken.
- Add pineapple rings to the pan, warm a little, mix with sauce and serve.
- Using dried or fresh thyme is equally good.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown on high heat for no more than 2-3 minutes. Do not overdry! Then it will be stewed for another 15 minutes in the sauce.
- If desired, you can use thick or liquid honey.
Leave a Reply