This Baked Sweet Potato Fries recipe is easy to prepare without putting in a lot of time and effort. You can serve potatoes with anything, but I prefer to serve sweet potato fries with baked chicken, pork, prosciutto, ham, avocado dip, or cream.
BEST BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES!
We use garlic powder and smoked paprika in this recipe, but you can add your favorite seasonings (chili pepper, cilantro, rosemary, or thyme) Are sweet potato fries healthy? Of course! Moreover, they are gluten-free and vegan.
If I need to choose between regular French fries and baked sweet potatoes, I will choose the latter.
Sweet potato contains a lot of sugar and starch and is also rich in vitamins, carbohydrates, and protein.
These sweet potato fries also contain less fat, so they can be safely eaten without fear of getting fat. So, it is not only delicious but also really healthy. This Baked Sweet Potato Fries recipe is simply the best.
My family loves this Baked Sweet Potato Fries recipe. We like it especially, after such a dinner it’s possible to stay full for a very long time. Sweet potato fries are also useful for those who are on a diet or just watching their weight.
Have you ever cooked crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries recipe?
Don’t worry if you don’t have enough culinary skills, you can still cook this simple recipe.
How do you make sweet potato fries?
- Just peel sweet potatoes and cut them into 1/4-inch wide sticks.
- Then, soak in water, mix with olive oil, seasonings, and cornstarch.
- Bake until crisp. Follow the recipe below to bake the perfect sweet potato fries.
Are sweet potato fries healthier than regular fries?
Sure, baked sweet potato fries are healthier than regular deep-fried fries. But if you bake regular fries in the oven, it will be healthy too. Both types of potatoes contain beneficial plant compounds.
What can you eat with sweet potato fries?
I like to eat baked sweet potato fries with bacon, ham, Cheese And Garlic, and pork, or Alice Springs Chicken
What meat goes well with sweet potatoes? Sweet potato fries are delicious with pork or turkey.
- It will be better if you soak potatoes overnight.
- Be sure to place the potatoes in an even layer, it affects the crispiness of potatoes.
- If sweet potato fries don’t fit in an even layer on a baking sheet, use one more baking sheet.
- - 1 pound sweet potatoes;
- - 2 tbsp olive oil;
- - 2 tbsp cornstarch;
- - ½ tsp garlic powder;
- - ½ tsp smoked paprika;
- - ½ tsp pepper;
- - 1 tsp salt.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into 1/4-inch wide sticks.
- Transfer chopped potatoes to a large bowl of cold water. Soak for 30-60 mins. Then, drain the water and put the potato sticks on a clean towel to dry.
- Mix together cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix sweet potatoes with olive oil. Then, add dry mixture and stir until potatoes are completely covered.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to the baking sheet in an even layer. Use two baking sheets if needed.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 min. Then, flip each sweet potato fries and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until crispy.
- When the potatoes are ready, remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle fries with salt or your favorite herbs.
These were excellent! We added Chipotle seasoning to the blend and soaked cut potatoes a few hours. The first night we served with molasses butter and eat over just plain and still good!
I usually don’t care for sweet potatoes fries because I couldn’t get them crispy. These were crispy and very tasty. This recipe is a keeper.
How wonderful, Veronica! So glad you decided to give it a try!
I made these sweet potato fries and they were amazing. I don’t think that I will ever order them again from a restaurant. I didn’t have cornstarch so I used 1 tbsp of unbleached flour. I made a homemade dill dip to go with and voila.
Hi, can you bake them in an air fryer instead of an oven please?
Yes, you can bake them in an air fryer. Cook sweet potato fries in a few batches until crispy. Don’t forget to shake the basket a few times while cooking.
These were absolutely delicious. Made with fresh minced garlic, instead of garlic powder.
Thanks, Stephanie! I hope you enjoy it!