Today we decided to show you this Alice Springs Chicken recipe. Chicken with honey mustard sauce is a dish that is known and cooked all over the world.
Alice Springs Chicken Recipe
I really like the combination of chicken and honey mustard sauce flavor, and I don’t know a better chicken marinade than this. When I first cooked this I realized that this dish is a hit for any holiday! You know, it’s even hard for me to describe how delicious it is!
To be honest, I like to use honey mustard sauce not only as a marinade for chicken but also as a sauce for salads and meat. It gives a delicate taste and adds piquancy and uniqueness to any chicken, pork, beef, or fish dish.
This Alice Springs Chicken recipe is very simple, so you can easily cook it at home. And if you have honey mustard sauce leftovers you can use it as dressing for a vegetable salad, for meat or for fish.
what is Alice springs chicken?
Alice Springs Chicken is one of the most popular dishes at Outback Steakhouse. It is the perfect combination of chicken breasts, crispy bacon, mushrooms, cheese, and honey mustard sauce.
why is it called Alice springs chicken?
This dish is named after the eponymous large town in Northern Australia. Outback Steakhouse likes to name some of their dishes after places in Australia and this Alice Springs Chicken is one of such Outback Steakhouse dishes.
How to make Alice springs chicken
- Step 1 Add ½ cup of Dijon mustard, ½ cup of honey, ¼ cup of mayonnaise, and 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice to the bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Step. 2 Reserve ¼ cup of honey mustard sauce for cooked chicken. Refrigerate.
- Step. 3 Transfer chicken breasts to a plastic zipper bag. Then, add the remaining honey mustard sauce. Close a bag and shake it to completely cover chicken breasts with sauce. Refrigerate.
- Step. 4 In a large oven-safe skillet saute sliced mushrooms with butter until lightly browned.
- Step. 5 Then, transfer cooked mushrooms to a clean plate.
- Step. 6 Add olive oil to the same skillet. Cook chicken breasts in a single layer until brown.
- Step. 7 Flip chicken breasts. Then, cook on this side until brown. Turn off the heat.
- Step. 8 Place cooked mushrooms over the chicken breasts.
- Step. 9 Top with crispy bacon pieces.
- Step. 10 Finally, top with shredded cheese. Cover with a lid. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until ready.
what to serve with Alice springs chicken?
In my opinion, chicken breast is a dish that can be served with any of your favorite side dishes or French Onion,
. As for me, I like to serve it with rice, fresh vegetables, Amish Broccoli Salad, or Mexican potatoes.
what seasoning is on Alice springs chicken?
There is no seasoning in this recipe. But their taste is replaced by a combination of honey, mustard, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. however, Alice Springs Chicken has a very rich flavor.
what kind of cheese is on Alice springs chicken?
We used shredded Colby Jack cheese. It is a mix of Colby and Monterey Jack cheese and it is a really good choice for melting cheese.
Baking Tips For Alice Springs Chicken Recipe
Don’t overcook chicken breasts to the point of them becoming dry.
The longer you marinate the chicken breasts in honey mustard sauce, the better the taste will be.
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
Alice Springs Chicken Recipe (Outback Copycat)
- - 1/2 cup Dijon mustard;
- - 1/2 cup honey;
- - 1/4 cup mayonnaise;
- - 1 tsp lemon juice;
- - 4 boneless skinless chicken breast;
- - 2 tbsp butter;
- - 8 oz mushrooms, sliced;
- - 1 tbsp olive oil;
- - 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped into 2-inch pieces;
- - 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese.
- Add mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and lemon juice to a bowl. Mix until combined. Save¼ cup of this sauce. You can use it as a dip for the cooked chicken breasts.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a plastic bag and add the remaining sauce. Close and shake to coat completely. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in a large oven-safe skillet. Add sliced mushrooms and cook 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Wipe out the skillet using a paper towel. Add olive oil and heat. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade. Then, place chicken breasts in a single layer in the skillet. Cook until brown on both sides (about 5 minutes on each side).
- Turn off the heat. Place cooked mushrooms on the chicken breasts. Then, add pieces of bacon and top with shredded cheese. Cover with a lid. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until chicken breasts are ready. Check the readiness of the chicken breasts with a cooking thermometer (the safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is165°F). Serve with reserved honey mustard sauce. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.