What could be easier and tastier than roasted potatoes and carrots? I don’t know. You can make these roasted potatoes and carrots in less than an hour, so it is an excellent quick and easy weeknight meal. Alternatively, you can use this recipe for a holiday dinner (for example, Easter or Thanksgiving) because it goes well with any dish from your table.
Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
Roasted potatoes and carrots are one of my favorite healthy dishes. I like it because it’s simple in preparation and it has incredible taste, a delicious aroma, a sweet glaze, and what is important – it’s crispy on the outside and creamy texture inside.
If you are tired of ordinary baked potatoes, try to cook this crispy, sweet and fragrant roasted potatoes and carrots. It is perfectly complemented with yogurt-honey sauce. Honestly, I don’t need meat for this dish. I am ready to eat potatoes and carrots just with this sweet sauce because I am a huge potato lover. But my husband does not imagine this dish without spicy ribs or a juicy steak. And indeed, this sweet roasted potatoes and carrots blend perfectly with spicy meat.
Do carrots take longer to cook than potatoes?
Quite the opposite, potatoes need more time to cook. Therefore, to cook carrots and potatoes together, we need to use baby potatoes or cut the potatoes into halves (or into quarters). Thus, carrots and potato pieces are cooked at the same time.
Should you boil potatoes before roasting?
No, you don’t need to boil the potatoes before baking them. For this recipe, we need raw baby potato halves or russet potatoes cut into quarters.
What goes good with potatoes? What to Serve with Roasted Potatoes and Carrots?
It seems to me that potatoes go well with any dish. But I prefer to serve these roasted potatoes and carrots with chicken, pork chops, baked fish, ribs, or a juicy steak.
how to make roasted potatoes and carrots?
- You can make these roasted potatoes and carrots in less than an hour.
- Mix potatoes, carrots, honey, olive oil, ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper until completely combined.
- Then, bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- When the potatoes and carrots are roasted, sprinkle them with chopped fresh parsley and drizzle with honey yogurt sauce. To make the sauce you need to combine 1 cup Greek yogurt with 1½ tbsp honey. Enjoy with your favorite food.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with an aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut baby potatoes in half. If you use russet potatoes, cut them into quarters. Don’t use large potatoes because the carrots will be cooked faster and the potatoes will remain raw. Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Peel the carrots and cut them in half in length. Add to potatoes.
- Add honey and olive oil to veggies.
- Sprinkle veggies with ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix veggies to cover completely with the oily mixture. Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until veggies is tender and brown.
- Make the honey yogurt sauce in advance or while the potatoes and carrots are baking. Stir together 1 cup Greek yogurt with 1½ tbsp honey.
- When the potatoes and carrots are roasted, add chopped parsley and mix.
- Place roasted potatoes and carrots on a serving plate. Drizzle with sauce or use sauce as a dip. Enjoy!
How long do carrots take to boil?
You don’t need to boil carrots for this recipe. We will roast raw carrots in the oven.
BAKING TIPS FOR Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- You can use maple syrup instead of honey.
- If you don’t like spicy food, don’t add cayenne pepper.
- Don’t use large potatoes because the carrots will be cooked faster and the potatoes will remain raw.
Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- - For the roasted potatoes and carrots:
- 1 pound carrots;
- 1 pound baby potatoes or russet potatoes;
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey;
- 1 tsp ground cumin;
- 1 tsp smoked paprika;
- ¾ tsp salt;
- ¼ cayenne pepper;
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped.
- - For the sauce:
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt;
- 1½ tbsp honey.
- To make the honey yogurt sauce, mix 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt and 1 ½ tbsp honey. You can prepare this sauce while the potatoes and carrots are baking.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line baking sheet with an aluminium foil. Then, spray with cooking spray.
- Cut the baby potatoes in half. If you use russet potatoes, cut them into quarters. Peel the carrots and cut them in half in length.
- Place potatoes and carrots on a baking sheet. Add olive oil, honey, ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper. Toss to cover potatoes and carrots completely with this oily mixture. Spread potatoes and carrots evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes in the lower third of oven. Carrots and potatoes are cooked when they turn brown and are easily pierced with a fork or a knife.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, sprinkle the carrots and potatoes with chopped rosemary. Mix.
- Place roasted potatoes and carrots on a serving plate and drizzle with sauce. Use the remaining sauce as a dip. Enjoy with your favorite food.