I like to eat salmon so much that I could refuse to eat meat. Seriously, I am ready to eat salmon every day in any dish. The first time I tried miso salmon in a Japanese restaurant, and I can’t forget that incredible taste.
So, today we want to introduce you to one of my favorite recipes – miso salmon. This is a juicy, fragrant, broiled salmon fillet with a beautiful golden crust.
This recipe is not as difficult as it might seem. It consists only of six ingredients (salmon fillet, miso, sake, mirin, soy sauce, sesame oil). All you need to do to cook miso salmon is to marinate the salmon fillet in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes. Then, broil the salmon fillet for 10-12 minutes in the oven. That’s all. Fragrant miso salmon is ready. As you see, you can get a delicious dinner in less than an hour. It is a perfect choice for any dinner, do you agree?
What makes this Miso Salmon so delicious for me?
Of course, it’s the miso marinade. It is so fragrant and piquant. The main ingredient of the marinade is miso paste. It is salty and creamy, but in combination with mirin, they create a unique sweet-salty, savory taste. By the way, such a marinade will also give a special taste to other fish dishes.
What is miso salmon? what is miso-glazed salmon?
Miso Salmon is a traditional Japanese dish. This is a juicy, fragrant, broiled salmon fillet with a beautiful golden crust. Miso salmon has a sweet and salty, yet savory taste.
what to serve with miso salmon?
I like the combination of miso salmon with rice. But it also tastes good with vegetables or salad.
How to make miso salmon?
Miso salmon is very easy to cook. First, make the marinade. Mix miso paste, soy sauce, sake, mirin, and sesame oil. Then, marinate the salmon fillet in this miso mixture. After half an hour, the salmon will be ready for broiling. Remove the excess miso marinade from the salmon. Then, place the salmon fillet on the baking sheet. Broil on high for 10-12 minutes. Serve immediately.
How long to marinate miso salmon?
You should marinate miso salmon for 30 to 60 minutes. You shouldn’t marinate it for longer than 60 minutes because the salmon will be too salty.
How long to bake miso salmon?
Miso salmon is baked quite quickly. Broil miso salmon at the middle rack for 10 to 15 minutes until it is cooked through. Keep in mind that the cooking time may depend on the thickness of the salmon.
How to make Miso Salmon
- Add 2 tbsp miso, 1 tbsp sake, 1 tbsp mirin, 1 tbsp soy sauce, and ¼ tsp roasted sesame oil to a bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Put the salmon fillet pieces in a big bowl (skin side up).
- Pour the miso marinade over the salmon. Spread the marinade over the salmon skin using a spoon.
- Cover the salmon with plastic wrap. Let the salmon marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (maximum 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to broil on high. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet, skin side down. Don’t forget to remove the excess miso marinade from the salmon, otherwise, it will burn very fast. Broil for 10-12 minutes at the middle rack. Enjoy!
BAKING TIPS FOR Miso Salmon
- Let the salmon marinate in the refrigerator for no longer than 1 hour, otherwise, it may absorb a lot of salt from the miso marinade.
- You can use Awase Miso or White Miso for this recipe.
- Cooking time may depend on the thickness of the salmon. Broil until the salmon is cooked through.
- You can lightly brush the salmon with the remaining miso marinade before removing the salmon fillets from the oven.
- 14 oz skin-on salmon fillet, cut into two pieces;
- 2 tbsp white miso;
- 1 tbsp sake;
- 1 tbsp mirin;
- 1 tbsp soy sauce;
- ¼ tsp roasted sesame oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together miso, sake, mirin, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Put the salmon fillet in a bigger bowl (skin side up). Then, pour the marinade over the salmon. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the salmon from the refrigerator. Remove the excess marinade from the salmon (otherwise it will quickly burn). Place the marinated salmon fillet on the prepared baking sheet, skin side down
- Place the baking sheet at the middle rack. Broil for 10-12 minutes, or until the salmon fillet pieces are cooked.
- Sprinkle the miso salmon with black and white toasted sesame seeds and chopped scallions.