You must admit that rice, like potatoes, is a very popular dish and an ideal side dish. And there are a lot of options for its preparation.
So you came home after a hard day, you want to have supper and spend your free time faster with friends or people close to you.
And here is your lifesaver. 5 minutes at the stove, another 20 minutes of waiting that you can spend watching one episode of your favorite series, and dinner is ready. That is why, I attribute this recipe to the category of “lazy recipes” when you are decently tired or do not have time to stand in the kitchen and cook something supernatural, in the spirit of Michelin-starred restaurants.
Nevertheless, even the simplest dish can and should look attractive, and even more so, be delicious. And in no case do not worry about the name Easy Mexican Rice Recipe.
The ingredients for this dish are available everywhere. You can cook it as an accompaniment to traditional Mexican food (such as burritos or tacos), or as an independent dish.
OK, let’s figure out how to make Mexican rice from white rice?
First, we heat the oil in a pan or saucepan with a thick bottom. Fry the rice a little until transparent, then pour in the pre-prepared broth, tomato sauce, all the spices, and salt. Cover, reduce heat and wait for it to cook. Spread the finished rice in a deep bowl and sprinkle with chopped herbs. That’s all? Yes!
Why is Mexican rice orange?
There is no magic here. Rice takes on this color thanks to the tomato sauce and grounds chili.
By the way, after this recipe, you can use life hack with frying rice in oil for any rice dish. By such heat treatment, the rice remains friable.
TIPS TO MAKE EASY MEXICAN RICE
- In the process of preparing meat broth, boil in it peeled whole onion and carrot, and several peas of allspice. Then remove everything and use only the broth for the recipe.
- To heat the previously cooked Mexican rice, put it in a pan, add a couple of tablespoons of water, cover and heat over low heat.
- As a variety, you can add corn grains, sweet peppers, beans to rice, but this will already be a completely different dish.
How to store Mexican rice?
In the next few hours after cooking, put your rice in a refrigerator in an airtight container. If you need to freeze, put the rice in a bag for freezing, remove as much air as possible. Store in the freezer for about three months.
What’s the difference between Mexican rice and Spanish rice?
Both types of rice combine some common ingredients, such as tomatoes, onions. Traditionally, both types are cooked on chicken broth. The differences are that Spanish rice uses saffron as the main spice, and Mexican rice is cooked with caraway seeds. The best-known name for Spanish rice is paella, and Mexican rice is called Arroz Rojo, which means red rice.
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN RICE RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat oil in a large pan or saucepan with a thick bottom.
- Pour washed and fried rice.
- Fry in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until the rice, becomes transparent, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the broth, tomato sauce, spices, and salt. Stir, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Try the pic. If it is still crispy, pour half a cup of extra broth and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the stove, do not open the lid immediately, let it stand for several minutes.
- Put rice in a deep dish and serve with greens.
- Do not forget to rinse the rice well before cooking, washing off excess starch, so that the rice is more crumbly.
- If you want to get a rich garlic flavor, crush the cloves of garlic, fry it in butter and only then add rice there.
- Watch the rice during the frying process so that it does not turn brown, excessive frying will slightly change the taste of the dish.