Hamburger Casserole Recipe is a fairly quick and easy meal. Use high-quality ingredients such as low-fat ground beef, durum wheat pasta, tomato soup, your favorite cheeses.
Don’t forget about spices, and your dish will certainly delight you.
I like it when pasta is not just cooked pasta, but part of the whole dish. And I like to experiment with it, using different types of pasta, mixing them with different fillings.
What can I make with canned ground beef?
Well, since you have already come to this page, then start with an Easy Hamburger Casserole Recipe. And as soon as you dare, begin to hone your skills in working with canned ground beef in other recipes.
Firstly, these are soups with meatballs, various casseroles with potatoes and vegetables, stuffed peppers, and goulash with meat sauce.
And also lasagna, shepherd’s pie, and stroganoff. And of course, do not forget about Mexican cuisine – tacos, burritos, quesadillas, fajitas, chili, tamales, and empanadas.
How to make Hamburger Casserole?
Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the frequently asked questions and pro tips to bake the Best Hamburger Casserole Recipe.
- Step 1. Preheat oven to 350F, grease a baking dish (9 “* 13” works well). Boil the shell paste in salted water until half cooked (al dente), drain. Pour some oil into a preheated skillet and top out the ground beef.
- Step 2. Fry the ground beef, stirring thoroughly and breaking the lumps with a spatula until golden brown. Add garlic (fresh or dry), salt, and pepper to taste.
- Step 3. Add boiled pasta, tomato soup, 1/2 cup water, and half of the grated cheese to the skillet. Stir and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 4. Place everything in a prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Step 5. After 20 minutes, remove the foil and cook for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is lightly browned. Serve hot.
Let’s figure it out. What can you eat with hamburger meat?
If it is a casserole with a hamburger, then it can be a separate independent dish, since pasta acts as an excellent side dish for minced meat.
But, for any hamburger meat, you can use sliced fresh vegetables or a light salad seasoned with olive oil.
Well, of course, use it as a filling in your hamburger, complementing with onion rings, fresh salad leaves, and your favorite sauce.
Thus, hamburger meat will become your home dinner, lunch at work, or a snack on a picnic.
Diversify the preparation of casserole with hamburger by adding hot spices or other types of cheese and get new, exclusive options for this recipe.
Freeze hamburger casserole;
Once the dish has cooled, put it in a plastic container with an airtight lid, and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Thaw the casserole in the refrigerator overnight on the eve of serving, reheat in the oven, microwave, or in a pan
How to store Hamburger Casserole?
If you didn’t eat everything at once, put it in a container with a lid and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can heat casserole in the microwave, in the oven, or in a pan under the lid by adding a couple of tablespoons of water.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
4 Ingredient Hamburger Casserole (Quick & Easy)
- 1 (1lb) box medium pasta shells
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 (10oz) cans tomato soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup water
- garlic, salt & pepper to toast
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle a baking dish (approximately 9 * 13) with a cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, put the minced meat, cook over medium heat, frying from all sides, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to the instructions in salted water. Drain the water.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper to the minced meat. Pour in tomato soup, add cooked pasta, half a cup of water and half of the total amount of cheese. Stir, cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- Put everything in a baking dish, sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheese, cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for another 10 minutes, so that the cheese is slightly browned.
- Serve immediately, garnishing, if desired, with fresh herbs.
- You can boil the pasta until half cooked (al dente), because the casserole will cook in the oven for another half hour.
- You can add diced onions when frying the ground beef.
- You can eliminate one of the cheeses by taking only cheddar or only mozzarella. Feel free to choose your favorite cheese.
Answering Your Burning Questions:
What temperature should hamburger be cooked to?
The optimal temperature for cooking the recipe in the first 20 minutes is 350-375 degrees F.
When you remove the foil, you can lower the temperature to 325 and bake another 7-10 minutes to a golden cheese crust.
Pin this Recipe to your Board now to Remember it later!
Can you substitute Tomato soup for tomato sauce for this recipe
Tomato sauce is thicker than tomato soup, so your casserole would be runnier with tomato soup, but you could definitely give it a try! A juicer casserole!
I made this it was so good. I used macaroni and cheese instead of putting the cheese inside I used a box of macaroni and cheese with the sauce and I added a pack of ranch. And top with cheese
Thanks for the suggestions. So glad you decided to try it again and customize it to your liking. 🙂
Can you substitute spaghetti sauce for the tomato sauce?
Yes, of course, feel free to choose your favorite sauce. replace it with an equivalent amount.