If dinner is quickly needed! In most cases, we do not have time to prepare complex dishes. Because it takes a lot of time and effort. I do not want to say that it is worth abandoning such dishes. But always in stock, you need to have some delicious recipes in haste. The sauteed zucchini recipe is like that.
The amount of ingredients is minimal. Do you know what sets the taste? Thyme and Parmesan! As soon as thyme comes in contact with hot oil, the whole kitchen is filled with an incredible aroma.
All family members immediately run to the smell and require to feed them as soon as possible. Well, parmesan … Sprinkle more! Or just put a bowl of grated cheese on the table and let each one get as much as he wants. It’s like my granny says: you can’t spoil the porridge with butter. So you can’t spoil zucchini with parmesan. In general, be sure to note this recipe and cook with love.
How to make sauteed zucchini?
First, fry in oil and butter the onion rings until soft. Then add slices of zucchini, more butter, salt, pepper, and thyme. Be sure to cover the pan and cook over medium heat. If you want more fried zucchini, then fry them with onions until the desired color. Then close the lid, reduce heat and simmer.
What herbs are good with sauteed zucchini?
In sauteed zucchini, we use dried thyme. He is sooo good here. The kitchen is filled with an unusual aroma. If you have fresh thyme – it’s even better. Besides, you can use basil, dried or fresh, at your discretion.
And of course, garlic and ground black pepper then add a special piquancy to your dish. These are not herbs, but you should not forget about them.
Can Zucchini be eaten uncooked?
Raw and cooked zucchini are equally healthy. The only difference is that in raw zucchini there is more vitamin C.
And during heat treatment, its amount decreases. But, you can use raw zucchini for food, especially salads.
Do you have to boil zucchini?
For sauteed zucchini recipe, they do not need boil. In this recipe, they are fried in a pan and stewed. If you need boiled zucchini for another dish, then it is easy to do by boiling them for 5 minutes in salted water.
How to season sauteed zucchini?
When the zucchini is ready, sprinkle them with grated Parmesan. Of course, you can experiment with any other cheese. To brighten your dish, sprinkle zucchini with chopped fresh dill or parsley.
What do you eat zucchini with?
Given that zucchini is a vegetable, it goes well with many dishes. Sauteed zucchini may be a complement to:
- meat, poultry or fish
- boiled, fried or french fries.
- unsweetened porridge (buckwheat, rice, quinoa) Zucchini is also used for salads and soups, raw or cooked.
Step by step to make Sauteed Zucchini with Parmesan
- Peel the onion and cut into half rings.
- Wash the zucchini and cut into slices about 1/2-inch-thick.
- Heat the pan and add 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter. Melt.
- When the oil begins to boil slightly, add the onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Fry until onion is soft and slightly transparent.
- Add zucchini to the pan, mix with onions.
- Add the remaining spoonful of butter, salt, pepper, and dried thyme. Cook over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes. Stirring with a spatula and turning the zucchini rings.
- When the zucchini is ready, sprinkle the whole dish with grated parmesan and serve until hot.
BAKING TIPS FOR Sauteed Zucchini
- After adding the zucchini to the pan, cover it with a lid. So the vegetables will be stewed evenly, and the condensate will give extra moisture.
- If you like more fried foods, cook without a lid and increase the heat 5 minutes after adding zucchini.
How to store stewed zucchini?
You can easily cook zucchini for the future. Store in a container with a lid in the refrigerator for up to three days. Heat in a pan, spreading the rings in one layer.
Easy Sautéed Zucchini with Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 medium yellow onion — thinly sliced
- 4 medium zucchini — or yellow summer squash, or a mix (about 2 pounds), ends trimmed and cut ito 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the onion into half rings and zucchini into slices.
- Heat the oil in a pan and one tbsp of butter. Add the onion and cook it until soft.
- Add zucchini, salt, pepper, thyme, 1 tbsp of butter and cook, stirring occasionally. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- When the zucchini is ready, sprinkle everything with parmesan and serve.
- For uniform preparation of zucchini, cut circles of the same thickness. You can cut it thinner, then it will cook faster, but will not keep its shape. You can cut it thicker, but then you'll need more time for cooking.
- Do not fry onions for too long. It will cook together with zucchini for at least another 10 minutes. And it has every chance to burn.