Today, I will be serving the appetizing Instant Pot Soup recipe. It is perfect for a lazy evening in winter. Whether you are sick or not, this soup will always be a perfect delight.
It’s a mouthwatering and comforting meal that will make you want more. So, without further ado, let’s dive into this iconic soup.
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
What is soup setting on instant pot?
This soup is made in the Instant Pot. This soup features tender chicken, sautéed carrots and celery, and cooked noodles. First of all, you will sauté the vegetables and cook the noodles.
You can use the sauté function on the Instant Pot to soften the carrots and celery. Then, add a splash of water, a dash of flavorful seasonings, and the chicken to the pot. After everything has sautéed, you can press ‘cancel’ to turn the pot off.
This soup has an assortment of flavors that will melt on your tongue when you dip your taste buds in it. The tender chicken and softened noodles will make this soup a full meal.
After the soup is ready, serve it simmering hot. If you want to get a little fancy, you can add a handful of chopped parsley and sprinkle it with your favorite spices.
Can you make chicken soup with frozen chicken?
To answer this question with one word, I would say yes. You can make this soup with frozen chicken breasts. However, you should increase the cooking time.
For example, you usually cook on high pressure for seven minutes with a ten-minute natural release. For frozen chicken, you should increase the cooking time to twelve minutes.
You won’t need to change the natural release time.
However, after the soup is ready, no one will be able to tell the difference between regular chicken and frozen chicken soup. Both will taste just as heavenly.
Can you cook pasta in soup?
You can definitely substitute regular noodles with different shaped pasta.
Usually, I use egg noodles. However, if you want to experiment with the recipe you can use any store-bought pasta. It gives the soup an exquisite touch.
So, if you are making the soup for your children or guests coming over, you can definitely experiment with different shapes, sizes, and colors of pasta.
Personally, I love to use the red-tinged shell-shaped pasta. When it is added to a mix of carrots, the soup looks phenomenal.
How long do you cook egg noodles in an instant pot?
For regular egg noodles, you should let them cook for five minutes. However, instead of relying on the stopwatch, it is better than you check the noodles and cook them until they are tender.
Also, if you are using different sizes or shapes of pasta, the cooking time will change. If you overcook the noodles, they will turn mushy and ruin the entire soup.
So, make sure that you leave the noodles slightly uncooked because they will continue to soften in the hot liquid when you serve them.
HOW TO MAKE Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
PREPARATIONS TIPS TO MAKE
If you don’t have soup noodles, you can use even spaghetti, cut them into small pieces, and cook them for a couple more minutes. You can choose meat, chicken, turkey, or fish to add more flavor to the broth. Cooking times in the stove are as follows:
– Fish: 20 minutes
– Turkey: 1 hour
– Meat: up to 4 hours
MORE EASY CHICKEN RECIPES:
- • 1 large chicken breast, with bone, without skin.
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • 6 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- • 2 cloves of garlic
- • 1 large white onion, (100 g approx)
- • 2 large carrots, (200 g approx)
- • 2 large potatoes, (300 g approx)
- • 2 celery stalks
- • 200 gr. egg noodle
- • 1 bay leaf
- • 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- • 1 tsp mint
- Wash vegetables, peel and cut very well: onion diced, mash the garlic, sliced carrots, diced potatoes and celery in thin slices.
- Place the Instant Pot in the “sauté” function. If you do not have an instant pot, you can use a conventional pressure cooker.
- Add to the pot, the olive oil and when it is very hot, add the onion and crushed garlic. When they begin to brown, add the potatoes, carrots, celery, bay leaf, and mint. Use this function for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the breast and broth. Cover the pot, and cook under pressure for about ten minutes. At the end of the cooking time, wait for the pot to release the pressure, this process takes approximately ten minutes.
- Uncover the pot, remove the breast. De-bone the chicken breast and cut it into pieces.
- Add the chicken back to the pot, add the noodles and cook in the saute function for about 6 minutes. When the noodles are cooked, add the coriander, and turn off.
- Serve hot, accompanied by slices of bread.
The secret to the perfect soup is to cook it over high heat for the first five minutes. And then lower the temperature, so that the ingredients release their flavors.
I usually prepare this soup with leftovers of roast chicken, and add a good dehydrated broth
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT