Piccata is a simple, fast, and incredibly tasty dish. The homeland of the dish is sunny Italy. In the classic version, piccata is prepared from the veal. However, outside the boundaries of its historical homeland, another version of this dish – piccata with chicken – gained much more popularity.
The best chicken piccata recipe can be different, with or without wine, with or without cream, but it must be a dish that you cook with love.
Surely everyone has a dish that you like to cook with the whole family or a group of friends, communicating and enjoying each other’s company. For my family, this should be, first of all, not complicated dishes. Of them, I am sharing it with you.
WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF CHICKEN PICCATA?
Piccata is of Italian origin, but the original version mainly uses veal, not chicken. In the name of the dish lies the method of its preparation.
WHAT VEGETABLE GOES WITH CHICKEN PICCATA?
Chicken piccata – a dish to which you can pick up a wide variety of side dishes from a vegetable.
It can be both fresh vegetables – cucumbers, tomatoes, arugula, and different types of vegetable salads.
It can be either fresh vegetables – cucumbers, tomatoes, arugula, different types of vegetable salads, or baked or fried vegetables. Incredibly delicious – cheesy zucchini bake, roasted cauliflower, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.
HOW DO YOU KEEP CHICKEN PICCATA WARM?
To keep the chicken piccata warm, leave it on the stove over low heat. Or you can put it in the
oven at a low temperature. In this case, the chicken will be even softer.
WHAT IS CHICKEN PICCATA MADE OF?
Chicken piccata is pieces of chicken breast, chopped in flour, fried to a golden crust, and brought to readiness in a fragrant sauce of broth, garlic, lemon, capers, and parsley.
WHAT’S GOOD SIDE FOR CHICKEN PICCATA?
Serving a piccata is best with spaghetti or mashed potatoes. You can also dispense with side dishes altogether by using baked vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, or asparagus instead.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHICKEN PICCATA AND CHICKEN FRANCESE?
Chicken piccata and chicken piccata francese are very similar dishes but have some differences. In the French version, we use smaller pieces of chicken, which, after dipping in flour, dip in a beaten egg and then fry in a pan.
TIPS TO MAKE CHICKEN PICCATA
- Dredged the chicken in corn starch instead of flour (someone had a gluten intolerance), and was still great.
- To make the chicken softer, beat it before cooking.
- For a richer flavor, add a little cream to the sauce.
- It is better to use more sauce than less for cooking piccata. The better the chicken is soaked in the sauce, the tastier it will be.
What to Serve with Chicken Piccata?
Chicken can be served with any side dishes, such as spaghetti, mashed potatoes, or even rice. If you want a lighter side dish, grab some vegetables, fresh or roasted.
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Creamy Chicken Bake
- Keto Crack Chicken In The Crockpot
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken And Stuffing
- 4 chicken breasts pounded to about 1/2 inch thick or cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 tablespoons olive oil more as needed
- salt & pepper to taste
- For sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon juiced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons capers drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1. In a separate bowl, combine flour, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Roll pieces of chicken in flour mixture.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan put chicken slices in it. Fry for 4-5 minutes on each side. All pieces do not fit on one side, fry in batches. Put the fried pieces on a separate plate.
- 3. Melt the butter in the same pan and add the flour. Stew simmering for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- 4. Add the chicken stock gradually while stirring. After that add lemon juice, white wine, and capers. Cook for 3 minutes, whisking periodically.
- 5. Put the chicken pieces back into the pan, simmer for 4-5 minutes until cooked. Add parsley before serving. Serve with spaghetti, mashed potatoes or vegetables.