The ketogenic diet has proven efficient in the thinning processes of thousands of people, and the improvement of patients with blood sugar problems (diabetes). It is not surprising that more and more people who want to take care of themselves and improve their health adopt this style of food.
But this diet is not a punishment, it is a reward in every way because you can experiment with delicious combinations of flavors that you would not otherwise try.
Its preparation is very simple, I usually leave the chicken breasts cooked before I go to work, I use the 10-hour crock-pot function for safety, but really at 6 hours, the chicken breasts are already tender and juicy.
When I get home, I chop the chicken breasts, add the rest of the ingredients, and serve it hot.
What to serve crack chicken?
I usually serve the crack chicken accompanied by cauliflower puree and a salad of green leaves.
To flavor this recipe, it is essential and I always use crack chicken seasoning. If you are wondering what is crack chicken seasoning? Or what does crack chicken seasoning contain?
It is a delicious mixture of spices and thickeners that enhances the taste of this recipe. In fact, for the crack chicken recipe, I don’t use more condiments than crack chicken seasoning, it’s practical, fast, and tasty.
Although this recipe is prepared very quickly when you have the chicken ready, you can also prepare it in advance.
Can freeze keto crack chicken?
So, I decided to do a test, freeze my crack chicken in airtight containers and thaw it uncovered in the microwave and the result could not be better. Just need to stir it a little and add tablespoons of cheddar and voila cheese, dinner ready for 5 minutes, but homemade and very healthy.
Do not hesitate to prepare this recipe for crack chicken, it has just 1.2 net carbs.
Preparation tips & tricks:
My favorite is the crack chicken recipe, but you can also make variations with beef or pork.
You can prepare this recipe with ground beef, and you will get some delicious tacos, serve on fresh lettuce leaves.
FAQ ABOUT KETO CRACK CHICKEN
How to serve crack chicken?
The crack chicken should be served very hot; I recommend adding some cheddar cheese, fried bacon, and some chopped green onion on top. If you want to add a little accompaniment, combine perfectly with the cauliflower puré or with the cauliflower rice to keep them as a totally keto menu.
How many calories in crack chicken?
Approximately 400 calories per serving, with just 1.2 g of carbohydrates. This dish is rich in fats and proteins but contains very little carbohydrate content.
What is crack chicken seasoning?
The crack chicken seasoning is a delicious and complete dressing for crack chicken. It contains a little thickener and gives the recipe a better texture.
It also contains delicious spices: like pepper, turmeric, soy, citrus touches, and taste stimulants (glutamate).
If you are on a keto diet you should read the crack chicken seasoning label that you select to verify its carbohydrate content.
The crack chicken seasoning may contain wheat flour or starch as a thickener; If you choose a keto-friendly with a lot of security, you will use xanthan gum as a thickener.
Can you freeze keto crack chicken
Yes, you can store the keto crack chicken recipe in the freezer, in an airtight container. Then, it is advisable to thaw it in the microwave and stir it well before serving. You can also add another pinch of cheese when serving.
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken And Stuffing
- Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken With Zucchini
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe
HOW TO MAKE KETO CRACK CHICKEN
Keto Crack Chicken in the Crock Pot
- 2 medium chicken breasts, approximately (1.5 Kg.)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 branch of celery
- 1 white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 slices of bacon
- 2 tsp crack chicken seasoning
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp green onion
- The first step in preparing the crack chicken recipe is to defrost chicken breasts. Then, rinse chicken breasts and cut them in half. Season them with the crack chicken seasoning and place them inside the crockpot pot, with a cup of chicken broth and the whole celery. You can also use vegetable broth. Schedule your crockpot at six hours.
- After six hours, the chicken breasts will be soft and almost all the broth will have evaporated. Remove the celery and discard it, we only use it to give a touch of flavor, remove the chicken breasts; and let them cool. When they are cold, chopped finely the chicken breasts, discard the bones, cartilage, or skin if you find it.
- Bring the shredded chicken breast to the crockpot again and turn it on in the 4-hour program. Add cream cheese, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
- While the cheeses melt inside the crockpot, place a pan to heat over medium heat. Cut the onion into brunoise (small squares) and mash the garlic. Cut the bacon finely too. Add the bacon first and when you have released enough fat, add the garlic and onion. Let them brown for 5 to 10 minutes and add it to crock-pot. If you wish, reserve some fried bacon to serve and decorate.
- Mix the ingredients very well and when the cheeses are melted and the mixture completely integrated. I prefer to eat hot crack chicken recipe, but you can even eat it cold as a salad
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT