Want to try something delicious? Cook this mug cake recipe in the microwave. It is very simple and fast which is so important when you want something tasty but you don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking.
Also, the whole charm of the vanilla cake in a mug recipe is to mix all ingredients in a mug and not waste other tableware.
What is a mug cake?
A mug cake is a small cake cooked in a mug in the microwave. This is the fastest and easiest way to make a single-serving cake.
It takes no more than 2 minutes to make such a cake. Yes, only 2 minutes, and the airy, delicious and slightly moist cake inside is ready!
Usually, I cook this mug cake recipe in the morning to take it to work; or in the evening after work – when there is no strength to cook a standard cake but you still want to eat something sweet.
Honestly, these vanilla mini-cakes cooked in the microwave always turn out tasty.
You can make changes to this recipe for mug cake and serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, cream sauce, chocolate, or iced coffee. Cook it once and you will definitely love it. Believe me, vanilla mug cake is so airy and fluffy like a vanilla cloud.
Do you already like a mug cake recipe? Follow this recipe and enjoy its delicious taste. Bon Appetit!
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT VANILLA MUG CAKES IN MICROWAVE
- We used a 10oz mug. Don’t use a smaller mug; the dough will double during the cooking process in the microwave (later it decreases slightly).
- Be careful not to overcook it in the microwave.
How To Make Vanilla Mug Cake In Microwave Without Egg?
It’s simple! You just need to mix together all the ingredients in a mug and cook in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Microwave Vanilla Mug Cake
- ¼ cup plus 1 ½ tbsp all-purpose flour;
- 2 tbsp sugar;
- ¼ tsp baking powder;
- dash of salt;
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter;
- 3 tbsp milk;
- ½ tsp vanilla extract;
- 1 tsp candy sprinkles.
- In a mug, mix together all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt).
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients, mix until combined. Then, add candy sprinkles, mix. The mixture will fill about half of the mug. It’s ok when the cake will be baked, the dough will rise.
- Cook a mug cake in a microwave for 70 seconds, allow cooling in a microwave for 1 minute. Then, check if it set, if no, cook for another 15-30 seconds. Enjoy!