Let’s dive into the world of slow cooker sweet and sour meatballs. These meatballs will take you on a tantalizing journey of taste. So, are you ready to make the easiest and tastiest meal to impress everyone
Today, we will serve you with an easy sweet and sour meatball recipe? You can try it at home and see how everyone will run after you for the recipe!
What are the best sweet and sour sauce?
People often ask me about the brand of sweet and sour sauce we like. We’ve tried so many brands that we can’t even name one. Many people think that the most expensive brand of sauce will be the best.
This is not the case. Many times, we have used the least expensive one and our recipe still turns out as delicious as it could be. So, the best advice is that there is no need to worry about the brand.
When you finish cooking, the recipe will turn out to be delectable. As soon as you dip your taste buds in the meatballs, all the flavors will melt on your tongue.
Do I choose high or low temperatures on my slow cooker?
Slow cookers and meatballs like each other a lot. Once you toss everything in the slow cooker, it will be a good idea to leave it cooking for the next few hours. Cooking the meatballs at a low temperature will bring out all the flavors.
If you are running late, you can use a high temperature as well. Both will yield mouth-watering results. Of course, there is a subtle difference when you cook it at low temperature.
The major difference between the two is the time it takes. Slow cooking will take more time, while a higher temperature will take lesser time.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs – Main Dish or Appetizer?
You can serve the dish as both. If you use it as the main dish, you can serve it with boiled rice. If you are using it as an appetizer, serve it with toothpicks.
You can also garnish the dish with vegetables to give it a colorful look.
Can I keep meatballs warm in a crockpot?
Yes, you should use a slow cooker to keep the meatballs warm.
What should I serve with meatballs?
There are so many side dishes to serve with meatballs. For example, you can use it with rice, pasta, and mashed potatoes. You can even serve the meatballs with a serving of vegetables.
One of our favorite ones is to turn the meatballs into sandwiches. You can put them in toasted bread and serve it with some sauce.
How do you make simple meatballs?
- Add the sweet and sour sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic powder to your cooker. Stir everything together.
- Next, toss in your meatballs and make sure that they are covered with sauce. Then, add the diced onion and pepper to the cooker. Stir everything together.
- You can leave it cooking for 7-8 hours if you are using a low temperature. If you are using a higher temperature, it will take lesser time. You can serve the meatballs with rice or a side dish.
How do you cook frozen meatballs?
You can cook frozen meatballs in the same way as you would cook thawed ones. then don’t need to thaw them first. You can toss them into the cooker and let them cook.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, SLOW COOKER RECIPES
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken And Stuffing
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Slow Cooker Poor Man’s Stew
- • 20 frozen meatballs
- • 2 tbsp of butter or oil
- • 1 cup sweet and sour sauce
- • 2 tbsp sugar
- • ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- • 1 green bell pepper
- • 1 small onion
- • 1 tsp coriander
- • 2 cup rice (as a side dish)
- • 2 cups canned pineapples
- • Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the onion, and cut it into thin slices. Wash the paprika, remove the veins and seeds and cut it into pieces. (Reserve)
- In a small skillet, add the butter and when melted, add the meatballs and cook over medium heat, until they are completely golden brown.
- Then, place the meatballs, side by side at the bottom of the crockpot.
- In a small mixing bowl, add sweet and sour sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir very well until all ingredients are integrated.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs, add the onion, the red bell pepper, and the diced pineapple.
Otherwise, if you have a little extra time, prepare the meatloaf yourself, take advantage and make a mixture of ground red card with pork.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT