Today, let’s enjoy an easy crockpot meatloaf recipe. This is a classic recipe that everyone will love. It is delicious and flavorful. The best thing about this recipe is that it is super easy to make. So, it will soon become your go-to recipe when you are feeling lazy.
It has an appetizing assortment of flavors that will make everyone wonder what you put in it. The tangy combo of ketchup and vinegar, with a motley of spices and minced onion, is the perfect combination.
The brown sugar in the recipe will give it a sweet edge and add a new layer to the flavors.
Furthermore, it not only tastes mouthwateringly delicious, but it also looks exotic when you serve it on the table. If you serve it to your guests, you can be assured that they will be running after you for the recipe.
How long does it take to cook a 3lb meatloaf?
Many people ask how long it takes to cook meatloaf. Basically, it depends on the size of the load you are making. For example, if it is a 3-pound meat load, it will take approximately six hours if you are cooking on low.
If you are cooking on high, it will take about three hours.
You can also use a thermometer to check when the meatloaf is at 160 Fahrenheit. Moreover, you need to make sure that the meatloaf is tender and soft. This is the best part of this recipe.
It will be a hearty and comforting meal that you can make easily whenever you want.
Can you prepare a meatloaf a day ahead of time?
It is an easy meal, but it takes a while to make. So, you might want to make it ahead of time. You can keep it in the fridge for a night or even freeze it.
If you want to freeze it, make sure that you wrap it tightly.
Also, cool it down completely before you place it in the fridge. So, it is an excellent meal that you can take out of the fridge and enjoy a few days later.
Can you make meatloaf in an Air fryer?
Yes, you can cook meatloaf in an air fryer with the same ingredients and instructions. Make sure that you keep an eye on the temperature of the meatloaf.
Ideally, it should be approximately 160 Fahrenheit. The exact cook time will depend on the size of the meatloaf and your air fryer.
What sides go with meatloaf?
There is a long list of side dishes to serve with meatloaf. A good side dish will help your meatloaf go from extraordinary to extra-extraordinary!
A crowd favorite side dish is baked potatoes.
You can also serve it with baked vegetables. I love serving it with mashed cauliflower with butter.
I also like to add a handful of herbs to the dish to give it an extra layer of flavor.
Many people like to have cheesy cauliflower or creamed spinach with this dish. If you like a sweet underlying flavor, you can try baked carrots with honey butter.
- 1 kg of ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 3 tbsp wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp coriander
- 2 tsp of Italian herbs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil spray for cooking
- Foil paper
- Glaze Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl place all the ingredients of the sauce: ketchup, vinegar, honey, sugar, garlic powder and a pinch of salt. Stir very well with a hand whisk until you get a homogeneous mixture. Reserve.
- Peel the onion and cut (as small as possible). Shred the garlic.
- In a large mixing bowl place: ground meat, onion, garlic, egg, milk, flour, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, coriander, Italian herbs, salt, and pepper. Knead everything together until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Grease the foil and line the crockpot with aluminum foil. Form a ball with the meat and place it inside the crock-pot. Pour half a cup of glaze sauce over the meatloaf. If necessary, distribute the sauce with a kitchen brush.
- Cook the meatloaf for 4 to 6 hours in the crockpot. Turn off the crock-pot and wait for it to cool.
- Then remove the meatloaf from the crockpot and take it to a refractory container.
- Cover the meat with the rest of the glaze sauce and bake in the broil function for 15 minutes to brown.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for a few minutes. I sprayed some chopped cilantro and cut the meatloaf into wheels.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and salad.