Looking for a perfectly simple dish?
We have one for you: Easy Chicken Salad Recipe. What can be easier? All you need is a few ingredients and 15 minutes of your time. So, in 15 minutes you’ll receive super flavors salad to treat yourself, your family and friends.
This Easy Chicken Salad Recipe is a perfect choice for make-ahead lunch, family gathering, picnic or a party. And I have some more great news for you! This salad can be a separate dish on its own, or you can easily customize it according to your taste.
Try it with fresh fruits such as diced grapes or raisins or apples and a hint of honey. Or add in some fresh herbs (dill will work great) or spices (curry, garlic, mustard, paprika). Don’t hold your imagination! Do not worry if you don’t have enough time to cook chicken on your own. Any cooked chicken: rotisserie chicken, grilled chicken or roasted chicken would suit. Even leftover or canned chicken will work fine.
If you want, you can make this Easy Chicken Salad Recipe lighter. All you need is to swap mayo with yoghurt. As we all know even homemade mayonnaise contains a lot of fats and is high in calories. So yoghurt is a much healthier choice.
What goes with chicken salad?
There are a huge amount of ways to serve this easy chicken salad.
You can serve the salad over some leafy greens or veggies, as a dip with crackers. To prepare some sandwiches using chicken salad will be also a great idea. You can also stuff bell peppers halves with the salad or even put it in your morning croissant.
Can you freeze chicken salad with mayonnaise?
Well, it can be frozen up to 1 month in an air-tight container. You’ll need to thaw the salad completely, drain well and add some more dressing before serving. But I would recommend freezing only chicken. Take it out from a freezer the night before and prepare the salad in the morning using fresh ingredients.
What are the different types of salads?
- Taco Chicken Salad
- Easy Tuna Salad
- Perfect Egg Salad
TIPS TO MAKE CLASSIC CHICKEN SALAD
- Don’t be afraid of experiments. Add your favorite fruits, veggies, fresh herbs, and spices to create your perfect Easy Chicken Salad Recipe.
- We add roughly chopped almonds as an optional topping for this recipe. But you can use other kinds of nuts (cashews, walnuts or pine nuts will work also great).
- Make your own mayonnaise for this recipe. There’s nothing better than homemade mayo! Replace mayo with yogurt for more light and healthier options.
HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC CHICKEN SALAD
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, EASY SALAD RECIPES
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped (optional)
- Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl combine mayo, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken and celery.
- Add the dressing to the chicken mixture and gently stir until well mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Add toppings to your taste and serve.
- Cover your prepared salad with plastic wrap and transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- I love serving this salad in croissants, but although its so delicious on a slice of whole grain bread, or a lettuce leaf or you can wrap it in a tortilla or make lettuce wrap for low-carb option.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT