What is the secret of making the best meatballs? How to make simple meatballs? What tricks help to receive the best meatballs ever? Let’s find answers to these questions! We have a very simple and tasty best meatball recipe for you.
What makes great meatballs?
Meat! It is important to use fatty ground meat, otherwise, you’ll get dry and crumbly meatballs. Personally, I like to combine different kinds of meat.
A combination of beef, pork, or veal works really well. No matter what kind of meat you use, just make sure that it’s fresh. I recommend using freshly ground meat to prepare this best meatball recipe.
How to make a simple meatball?
Nothing complicated! We need freshly ground meat, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, cheese, herbs, and spices. That’s it. Now about the process. You can just combine all ingredients in a bowl.
But if you want to prepare the best meatball recipe, you need to know some tricks.
- First, made panade: allow breadcrumbs to soak in milk for 10 minutes and squeeze the milk. Panade and egg help keeping meatballs tender and moist.
- Second, use your hands to mix and shape your meatballs. You need to work the meat as little as possible. As an alternative, you can mix panade with all other ingredients (except meat) separately.
- Then combine obtained mixture with ground meat. Be gentle when forming meatballs. Do not press your meatballs, otherwise, they become tough, rubbery, and chewy.
What are the best-frozen meatballs?
Of course homemade! Cook your meatballs according to our best meatball recipe. Allow them to cool completely, transfer on a cutting board or baking sheet, and freeze for a few hours. Once frozen, put meatballs into a freezer bag and keep up to a few months.
Do you put raw meatballs in the sauce to cook?
There are a lot of ways of cooking meatballs. And to get the most tender texture, you could poach them right in the sauce. But in this case, meatballs will lose the flavor that browning adds. So, it’s up to you what to choose.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
- Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- Baked Ziti Recipe
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake Recipe
TIPS TO MAKE Easy Meatball Recipe
Keep your hands wet while forming the meatballs. It will prevent the meat from sticking to your hands.
Form meatballs of the same size, so they cook at the same rate.
Line your baking tray with foil, it will make the cleaning process much easier.
In this recipe, I use dried herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, and marjoram). Feel free to use your favorite herbs or Italian seasoning.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp parmesan, grated
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until just combined.
- Shape small meatballs from meat mixture, approximately 1 tbsp each.
- Arrange your meatball on a greased baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Keep all your ingredients as cold as possible. This will prevent the fat from melting before you start
- cooking. You can also chill meat mixture at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour before cooking.