Do not know how to make chicken salad recipes? Don’t panic! Nothing complicated! Just a few ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. Cooked chicken, crunchy celery, mayo, salt and pepper and a splash of lemon juice. Sounds tasty and easy, isn’t it?
And now I’ll tell how to make chicken salad recipe even more delicious! Do you love Mexican flavors? Then this recipe is for you! Our Taco Chicken Salad Recipe is one of the easiest ways to give a new spin to a classic chicken salad.
Here are the instructions on how to make a chicken salad recipe. Season your mayo with taco seasoning. Add some beans, onion, pickled jalapeño, roasted red peppers, some cheese, and chopped lettuce. You’ll receive totally different salad!
You can use store-bought taco seasoning for this recipe or prepare your own. Homemade taco seasoning can be made in minutes. The homemade version is preservative-free and gluten-free. You can easily customize it according to your taste.
Don’t have enough time to cook the chicken?
No problem! You can use any cooked chicken: rotisserie chicken, roasted chicken or grilled chicken would work fine. Even leftover or canned chicken will suit.
What goes with chicken salad?
There are hundreds of serving options for this salad. The simplest way to serve Taco Chicken Salad is in separate bowls, or over lettuce leaves. But you can also make tortillas, sandwiches, lettuce wraps or scoop it into a soft taco shell. Only your imagination can set you a limit.
Can you freeze chicken salad with mayonnaise?
Well, it can be frozen up to 1 month in an air-tight container. But in this case, your salad will be quite watery. You’ll need to thaw the salad completely, drain well and add some more dressing. I don’t recommend you to freeze taco chicken salad with mayonnaise. A better option is to freeze all ingredients for the salad separately. Take them out of a freezer the night before. Drain well. Combine all defrosted ingredients in a bowl and add fresh lettuce and prepared to dress. Mix well and enjoy it!
What are the different types of salads?
- Easy Chicken Salad
- Easy Tuna Salad
- Perfect Egg Salad
TIPS TO MAKE TACO CHICKEN SALAD
- In a bowl combine all taco salad ingredients except lettuce. Cover it with plastic wrap and chill for at
- least 1 hour. Take out of the fridge, add sliced lettuce and mix well.
- If you are on Keto, omit to add beans.
- Homemade mayonnaise is a better choice for this recipe. You always know what is inside. So, don’t be lazy, prepare it!
- Adjust the ingredient quantities for a different amount of servings.
HOW TO MAKE TACO CHICKEN SALAD
Taco Chicken Salad
- For the salad:
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/2 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño, finely diced
- 1/2 cup lettuce, sliced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
- green onion, chopped (optional)
- For homemade taco seasoning:
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder (optional)
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except mayonnaise and taco seasoning.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise with half of tablespoon taco seasoning.
- Add the dressing to chicken mixture and serve immediately.
recommend you not to add lettuce. It's better to stir in fresh chopped lettuce just before serving