For this recipe we will occupy a roll of cinnamon frozen, you can buy those that do not have frosting because the frosting is not necessary. Before starting the recipe, it is advisable to place the frozen cinnamon roll at room temperature for at least one hour.
The idea is that it is not so hard to knead and allow it to be molded with the roller. Avoid kneading it more than necessary because the heat of your hands will make the dough much softer than necessary.
Regarding apples, you can choose the variety of your choice, even green or yellow apples. And although the best version of the easy apple pie cupcakes recipe is with apples, I have prepared a variation with pears that were in season and it was also delicious. The lemon in this recipe is essential if you do not add a generous stream of lemon juice to apples, they can turn dark and ruin your dessert.
To the crumble of the easy apple pie cupcakes recipe, you can add raisins, it’s fabulous. And if you wonder about the calories in this dessert, the best thing I can tell you is that a little from time to time will not hurt. Each cupcake has 214 calories. Best of all, they prepare in a heartbeat.
TIPS FOR APPLE PIE CUPCAKES
If you find it more practical, instead of cinnamon rolls you can use frozen puff pastry that also works very well, you just have to spread a little brown sugar mixed with cinnamon before flattening it.
What apples should I use for apple pie?
The most used apple in pastry is the reunite, golden or granny Smith but it is best to choose the ones of your locality; They will be cooler. In general, any apple variety looks good.
Can you use Red Delicious apples for apple pie?
Yes, but you can prepare the recipe with yellow and green apples. If you use green apples, you should add a less tablespoon of lemon to the recipe.
Should I cook apples before making pie?
Yes, it is better to prepare the applesauce before preparing the cake, in the oven only the dough should be cooked and the applesauce should be already cooked.
How many apples are 6 cups?
An apple of regular size is equivalent to approximately 3/4 cup when cut into cubes and extract the seeds and skin; To have 6 cups of apple pulp, you will need approximately 7 apples.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
- Easy Apple Pie Cupcakes Recipe
- Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe!
- New York Style Cheesecake Cupcakes
Pin it .. To Remember it
- For the pie and filling
- • 2 red apples, granny smith type
- • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- • ¼ cup of water
- • ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- • A pinch of nutmeg
- • 3 tablespoons butter
- • 2 tablespoons sugar
- • 1 can of frozen cinnamon rolls
- For the topping
- • ½ cup chopped nuts (cashew)
- • ½ tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- • ¼ cup of sugar
- • 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- • ½ cup wheat flour
- The first step to make Apple pie cupcakes is to prepare the filling, for this it is essential to cook the apples until they have the consistency of compote. Peel the apples, remove the heart and cut into cubes approximately two centimeters in diameter. Spray the apples with the lemon juice and place them in a small pot. Add water, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, butter, and sugar into the pot.
- Cover the pot and cook over low heat for twenty minutes. Uncover and stir a little, when the mixture has the consistency of compote and the apple cubes have been slightly discarded, the filling will be ready.
- Prepare the mold where you will make the apple pie cupcakes, lightly grease it and preheat the oven to 150 ° C / 300 ° F.
- In a mixing bowl, integrate chopped nuts, flour, cinnamon, sugar, and honey. Stir slightly until crumbs form. Reserve this mixture for topping.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the can, and when the dough is still cold, flatten with a kitchen roll until it is less than one centimeter thick.
- With a cookie cutter, make rounds about 3 cm larger than the size of each cupcake.
- Place each circle of dough inside the cavities of the mold, press gently with your fingers to adhere and cover the entire base of the mold.
- Fill each cavity with the applesauce and place a generous spoonful of the crumbs that you prepared earlier.
- Bake the cupcakes for approximately 20 minutes, when the crumbs are golden brown, remove from the oven and let cool.
- I particularly like to eat apple pie cupcakes warm and they are easy to unmold hot. So, I unmold it while it's still warm and serve it with whipped cream and caramel syrup.
Leave a Reply