Prepare your fork! These Apple Pie Cupcakes Recipe will conquer you from the first bite!
If I advocate for desserts, then I definitely stand for this one. And now the question. Which do you prefer more – apple pie or cupcakes?
Let’s see how to make Apple Pie Cupcakes?
First, you need to cut the apples into a cube, fry in butter until soft with sugar and cinnamon, and add freshly squeezed lemon juice. Then make crumbs from brown sugar, flour, chopped nuts, and butter. The next step is to spread cinnamon dough cakes in prepared forms.
We distribute apples overall dough baskets, then sprinkle with nut crumbs and bake in the oven. Once the cupcakes have cooled, cover them with whipped cream and caramel topping. Below I will write for you a recipe for homemade caramel topping. Do not miss it!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
How to cook homemade caramel topping?
- In a saucepan with a thick bottom over low heat, melt 4.5 ounces of sugar. Stir constantly with a silicone spatula.
- Cook the sugar until a caramel color appears, then add 3.5 ounces of butter and mix gently. Very careful! Caramel has a very high temperature!
- As soon as the caramel is combined with butter, turn off the heat and pour 75 ml of fat cream (33-35%) into the mixture with a thin stream. Mix and let cool for at least an hour.
The caramel topping is ready and you are delicious! Use for your Apple Pie Cupcakes and other desserts.
Preparation Tips for Easy Apple Pie Cupcakes
- You can skip the apple cooking step if you buy a ready-made filling from canned apple pie.
- Replace the whipped cream with ice cream and get an even more unique dessert.
- Ready cupcakes can also be sprinkled with chocolate chips on top.
- Of this amount of ingredients, you get 7-8 cupcakes. If you want to treat a big company, just double the number of ingredients.
How to store Apple Pie Cupcakes?
Hide your cupcakes without topping in a container with a lid or cover hermetically with cling film. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze apple pie cupcakes?
You can freeze everything, but these cupcakes are not worth it. Apples give a lot of juice and after defrosting they will lose their presentable appearance.
But, you can freeze everything separately, and apples, and nut crumbs. Before cooking, thaw them at room temperature for several hours. If the apples gave a lot of juice, you can remove it.
More Cupcakes Recipes You’ll Love:
- CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES
- REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKES
- PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES
- NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES
- APPLE CUPCAKES
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large baking apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 can (8 counts) refrigerated cinnamon roll dough
- Whipped cream, ice cream, or caramel sauce for topping
- CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and sprinkle the baking dish with a culinary spray.
- Peel apples, cut into cubes.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add chopped apples and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring with a spatula until the apples are soft. Then add cinnamon, brown sugar and salt. Stir, cook another 2 minutes. Then pour in freshly squeezed lemon juice, mix again and set aside the pan.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, and chopped nuts in a deep bowl. Add softened butter and rub the mixture with your fingers until crumbly.
- Divide the finished cinnamon dough into 7-8 rolls and line your shapes.
- Divide the apples evenly over all the shapes, then the nut crumbs. Press the crumb lightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges of the dough are lightly browned.
- Chill, garnish with whipped cream and caramel topping and enjoy!
- I prefer to use Granny Smith apples in this recipe, as they are great for baking or roasting.
- For a more spicy taste, add a pinch of nutmeg to the apples.
FAQ ABOUT EASY APPLE PIE CUPCAKES
What to serve with Apple Pie Cupcakes?
- Serve these cupcakes with anything. Warm cupcakes can be served with ice cream. It will gradually melt and drain beautifully.
- Pre-cool cupcakes for serving with whipped cream.
- Also use caramel, chocolate or nut topping. Do not forget about chocolate chips.
- For a presentable look, cover the cupcakes with whipped cream and insert the candied apple chips on top.
How many calories in Apple Pie Cupcakes?
In one cupcake without topping, about 240 calories.