Chocolate cupcakes… Mmm…Who doesn’t like them?
And what about peanut butter? Can you resist having a spoonful or two? I can not! And what about super combo: chocolate and peanut butter? Perfect combination, isn’t it?
I’m sure that there is nothing better than a chocolate-flavored dessert, but peanut butter makes it always better. And this recipe has a secret inside! Guess what? Reese’s peanut butter cup! Each cupcake contains one of your favorite delights! What can be better?
I won’t make you wait anymore, follow the recipe below. It’s quite simple and quick and you don’t need to be a chef to prepare it. All you need is a box of chocolate cake/muffins mix, butter, peanut butter, milk, powdered sugar and of course Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups.
Sounds easy? And actually it is! It will take you less than 30 minutes to make this tasty, chewy and moist cupcakes. They’re rich, fudgy, and SO easy to prepare, that even your kids can make such treat all by themselves (under your guidance, of course).
It’s a perfect recipe both for everyday baking and occasions. Make such cupcakes for a birthday party or any other celebration, and surprise your friends and family with what a great confectioner you are!
Preparation Tip & Trick
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature before using it.
- You can use silicone cupcake molds instead of paper liners and a cupcake pan.
- These cupcakes can be easily changed by using different types of toppings! You can garnish them with crushed Reese’s peanut butter cups, sprinkles, crushed cookies, melted jelly or jam, etc. Just turn your imagination on.
HOW TO MAKE Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe!
How to Make Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe!
- For cupcakes:
- 1 box chocolate cake/muffins mix (+ on box listed Ingredients)
- 12 Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups
- For frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Optional topping:
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mix all the ingredients for the batter in a bowl. Stir well until smooth and homogeneous.
- Divide the batter between lined cupcake molds. Don't forget to fill liners any more than 1/2 full.
- Insert unwrapped Reese’s peanut butter cup into each mold and press gently.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes. When ready, allow cooling completely.
- Prepare the frosting by beating together softened butter and peanut butter. When smooth, start adding powdered sugar slowly. Add some milk if the mixture gets too thick, and continue to add all remaining sugar.
- Transfer frosting to a piping bag and frost your cupcakes.
- Garnish each cupcake with chocolate syrup or any other your favourite topping and enjoy.