Until some time, pineapple for me was only a dessert component. I made small cupcakes, big cakes, and granny pies. Once, dad made a salad of pineapple, cheese, Napa cabbage, and mayo for dinner.
The combination of components surprised me. I decided to experiment with pineapple. And by trial and error, I came to a pineapple casserole.
Now this recipe is my lifesaver wand. If you are looking for a simple and quick recipe with golden pineapple – then this is your lucky ticket!
How to cook Pineapple Casserole?
If you want to make a casserole with fresh pineapple, cut it up.
If you use canned pineapples, drain the juice and chop them. Combine flour, sugar, pineapple, grated cheese, and 1/4 cup of juice in a large deep bowl.
Mix everything, put in a baking dish, after sprinkling it with a culinary spray.
Crush crackers into small crumbs, mix with melted butter and put on top of the casserole.
Bake for half an hour and serve.
What do you do with pineapple?
You can use fresh pineapple in this recipe. To do this, lay the pineapple on a chopping board and cut off the top and bottom edges. Place the pineapple upright and cut the peel with a sharp knife.
Cut the pineapple lengthwise into 4 pieces.
Remove the hardcore. Or cut peeled pineapple into circles. Remove the core from each ring with an ordinary knife or a special apple core remover. Cut the flesh with a knife into pieces or chop in a blender.
How do you make crushed pineapple?
If you prefer a uniform pie texture, chop the peeled or canned pineapple in a food processor. I love when pieces are visible, so I cut into cubes about 0.4-0.7 inches in size.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT PINEAPPLE CASSEROLE
- For dessert serving a pineapple casserole, serve it with a scoop of ice cream or with whipped cream.
- For meat casseroles, add diced ham or smoked chicken.
- Replace the cheddar with cream cheese and get an even more delicate texture.
What cheese goes best with pineapple?
Parmesan or cheddar cheese is best combined with sweet and sour pineapple. Do not worry if the required varieties are not available.
Try replacing it with Gouda cheese or Maasdam. The bottom line is that the cheese has a high density and solid consistency. These cheeses are quite salty, and the cheddar is very savory.
How to store Pineapple Casserole?
Cool the finished casserole, cover with a lid or foil, and put it in the refrigerator. Store the casserole in the refrigerator for no more than 5 days. Froze your casserole before baking or after. Store in the freezer for six months.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, PINEAPPLE RECIPES
- 20 ounces pineapple tidbits (reserve 1/4 cup juice) (drained)
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple (drained)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 40 Ritz butter crackers
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle a 9-inch baking dish with a cooking spray.
- Peel and cut into slices with a knife (chop in a blender) fresh pineapple. Or drain the juice from canned pineapple and chop. Leave 1/4 cup juice.
- Combine flour, sugar, grated cheese, chopped pineapple, and 1/4 juice. Stir with a spoon and put in a mold.
- Grind the cracker in a blender and combine with melted butter. Put the cracker mixture on top of the casserole, squeeze a little with your hand.
- Bake in the oven for half an hour. Serve hot.
- Pineapple gives enough sweetness. Exclude sugar from the recipe if you plan to serve casserole as a side dish.
- If your casserole is a side dish, use a saltine cracker. If you plan to serve it as a dessert, use a classic cracker such as Graham.
Billie For kler
I have used this recipe many times for church suppdrs. Everyone loves it!
If you were going to replace the white flour with almond flour or corn starch, what is the amount of each to use?
I would not recommend using cornstarch so the texture doesn’t come out runny. But you can freely replace white flour with the same amount of almond flour.
If you were going to substitute cream cheese how much would you use? I have never heard of this but eager to try it!! Thank you!!
I would completely replace all the grated cheese. I think 5-6 ounces of cream cheese will be enough. first, it should be thoroughly beaten with sugar and juice, then with flour. in the end, stir in pineapples.
This reminds me of a similar if not the same dish that was served in a restaurant that we used to visit in Gulf Shores Alabama, and it was a favorite with everyone. I’ve made it but it’s been a long time I will now pick up on it again thanks
That’s a good sign! Thanks for coming back to let me know.
I do love pineapple dessert recipes. Must try this!
Thanks, Come back and let me know how they turned out!
Love the recipes.
Thanks, Isabelle i’m so glade you love it 😍