Spicy Mayo – Versatile and Amazing! It entered our life as an excellent complement to many dishes and won our taste buds forever.
How often do you prepare sauces for your meal at home with your own hands? Until recently, I bought all the sauces in a store. Then I attended a culinary master class. The chef said that the right and tasty sauce is almost 90% of the success of your dish.
This thought struck me. I had never thought about this before. For the next holiday, I made myself a present. I bought several prescription books only on the preparation of sauces.
A new world has opened up for me. Now I prepare sauces often and with great inspiration.
I start from the simplest when we use purchased ready-to-cook semi-finished products. And goes to the most complex when it can take several hours to cook.
Let’s start with a simple but piquant Spicy Mayo.
As a connoisseur of sushi rolls, I immediately note that this sauce is necessary here. Spicy and slightly sweet sauce perfectly complements the taste of fish. Add it to your favorite sushi rolls and you will feel everything yourself.
What is spicy mayo made of?
Just three simple ingredients are part of spicy mayo. This is mayonnaise, hot sriracha sauce, and some sesame oil. Do not neglect sesame oil.
It does all the weather and saturates the whole spicy sauce with a deep aroma.
As for mayonnaise, I would recommend using Japanese. It is slightly sweeter and slightly thinner than a regular supermarket mayonnaise.
Although, the difference is difficult to notice if you do not use traditional and Japanese mayonnaise side by side.
What can you put spicy mayo on?
Sushi rolls are not the only area of application for our sauce. Try spicy mayo on:
Potato (fried, french Potato fries, baked, potato pancakes)
Toasts, Reuben sandwiches, and hamburgers
Snacks (egg rolls, chicken nuggets, mozzarella sticks)
Seafood (sushi-rolls, breaded shrimp, crab legs)
Chips and tortilla
Salads (from potatoes, tuna or Cajun chicken)
Steamed vegetables (Amish broccoli, asparagus)
– Practice the basic recipe. As soon as you get a mixture that you think is perfect, start experimenting.
– You can replace Sriracha sauce with any bottled hot sauce.
– Try to combine with Mexican salsa or Tabasco sauce.
– Add a spoonful of soy sauce or a spoonful of mustard.
– Replace sesame oil with your favorite aromatic cooking oil.
– Chop finely and add onion, garlic or chipotle to the sauce. Mix and let the sauce brew in the refrigerator for several hours, so that the flavors are well combined and mixed.
– Add freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice to add acidity.
How long does homemade spicy mayo last?
The finished product is well stored in the refrigerator for a week. If you are not going to use it at once a lot, then halve the number of ingredients. Great if you’re running out of a bottle of Sriracha.
Prepare the sauce, wash, and dry the bottle thoroughly. Then put the finished sauce in a bottle. Thus, its use will be very convenient.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SPICY MAYO?
Spicy Mayo does a great job with sushi rolls, but I also like adding it to sandwiches like Reuben bake, toasts, and even salads. Use the sauce to dip french fries or baked vegetables. Put it on chicken or grilled fish.
Serve the boiled eggs with spicy mayo on top. And don’t forget about Mexican cuisine. Tacos De Suadero, burritos, quesadillas, and fajitas will have a new taste with this sauce.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Cover, wrap or pour into a bottle. Leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Reduce the amount of ingredients if you rarely use the sauce. Shelf life is only a week. Increase ingredients if you are preparing for a feast and you need to season many dishes with sauce.
- Be sure to let the finished spicy mayo rest in the refrigerator for several hours. During this time, all components will unite and a texture will established.