Suadero tacos is a piece of Mexico in your mouth. Crispy corn tortilla, chopped aromatic meat, and spicy salsa will make the weather at any party.
If I expect a large group of friends to visit, I will certainly cook fast food. And my special love is Mexican cuisine. Cooking tacos is really fast!
You can prepare the meat the day before or even two days before the party. And be fully armed when the house is full of hungry people. And then a matter of technology.
You can even arrange a self-catering. Just prepare chopped meat, fried corn tortillas, salsa, some vegetables, and herbs in different bowls. Everyone will collect their own perfect tacos!
What does Suadero mean?
In Mexican cuisine, Suadero is a thin piece of meat from the intermediate part of a cow (or pork) between the stomach and leg. Suadero has a smooth texture, not muscle grain. As a rule, suadero is fried and used as a filling of tacos.
Where does the Suadero meat come from?
Suadero meat and the recipe itself comes from Mexico. The slice of the meat should be light pink and look like muscle. In the Latin market, you can find it called “pink meat” or “roast meat”.
What does Suadero taste like?
First of all, this is an excellent piece of meat, with a delicate citrus aroma and a spicy finish. The taste of suadero differs depending on the pieces.
A good chef will chop very finely to save you from a long chewing process. The grinding process is best done on a tree trunk. Thanks to the combination of techniques, suaderos are full and rich in aromas.
The correct suadero is ideally pickled the night before, and I will talk about this a bit below. Do not be too lazy to spend a little more time cooking and get the best result.
HOW TO PICKLE SUADERO?
For the marinade you will need:
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (or 50/50 orange/lemon)
- dried oregano – 1 tsp
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp oils
Combine all the ingredients and fill the meat with the prepared marinade. Put the meat in a bag on a ziplock, or in a deep container with a lid along with the marinade.
Put in the refrigerator for a few hours, preferably at night. Cut the marinated meat into large pieces and fry.
HOW TO MAKE TACOS DE SUADERO RECIPE
- Boil the meat for at least 2 hours until soft and brown. If you have time, then marinate it overnight. (My meat was pickled, after which I chopped it into large pieces)
- Chop the boiled meat as finely as possible and fry in oil or beef fat in a pan. (Fry marinated meat in the same way, without boiling, then chop).
- Return the chopped meat back to the pan, salt, and mix with the remaining fat and oil.
- Preheat the corn tortillas in a pan with a little oil. But do not dry, otherwise, they will crack.
- While the tortilla is still warm, give it the desired shape and put the chopped meat inside.
- Add onions, cilantro, salt, and salsa sauce.
Preparation Tip to make Tacos de Suadero Recipe
Use a pressure cooker to cook meat. This will speed up the process. You will need only 30-40 minutes. You can also cook meat in the crockpot for 6 hours on the low setting.
How to store Suadero meat?
You can cook the meat in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Put everything in an airtight container with a lid and store for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
You can also freeze cooked meat and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 months. Before serving, let it thaw, heat in a pan with beef or vegetable fat.
How to make Suadero Tacos
- 2 Lbs. of Suadero Meat
- 2 Tbs. of beef rendered fat or vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups of water of more just enough to cover the meat.
- 1/2 white onion finely diced.
- 1 small bunch cilantro finely chopped
- salt to taste
- A hot salsa
- Boil the meat for at least 2 hours until soft and brown. If you have time, then marinate it overnight.
- Chop the boiled meat as finely as possible and fry in oil or beef fat in a pan. (Fry marinated meat in the same way, without boiling, then chop). Then return it back to the pan, salt and mix with the remaining fat and oil
- Preheat the corn tortillas in a pan with a little oil. Put inside the filling. First meat, then chopped onions, cilantro, salt and salsa.
- Try not to skip the marinating stage of meat. This will give it the desired softness and aroma.
- If you are boiling meat, you may have to add water to the pan until it will be ready.