Stone house seasoning is a quick and easy seasoning made from kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and granulated garlic. Do it in the right proportions and enjoy adding to any dish.
Simple recipes like this exist. Cooking stone house seasoning is probably not even a recipe, but a life hack. A jar of this seasoning always stands on my kitchen table next to the stove.
I always add it when cooking, a little for a flavoring shade or quite a lot when marinating.
The seasoning is so versatile that you can add it everywhere. Meat, fish, chicken, poultry, fresh or grilled vegetables, pasta, sauces, and even salads.
By the way, you can double or triple the number of ingredients. And then share this necessary seasoning with your mom, sister, or friend. You can make several combinations with other ingredients.
For example, you can use such as paprika or onion powder. Thus, you will get several seasonings of different colors and tastes.
What is the stone seasoning?
This is an easy and quick seasoning of the three ingredients that every housewife has at hand. The combination of kosher salt freshly ground black pepper and granulated garlic in the right proportions will become an indispensable thing. This saves your time in cooking and will become a universal seasoning for almost any dish.
What is stone house seasoning made of?
Stone house seasoning contains only three ingredients. And now I will tell you a little more about them.
- Freshly ground black pepper. I prefer buying black peppercorns. Then I fill it in the mill and grind it only when necessary, immediately before adding to the dish. For stone house seasoning, I recommend a little work and grind the pepper yourself. Of course, if you don’t have time, you can use ready-made ground black pepper purchased at the store. But the charm of manually ground pepper is that you get fractions of different sizes. This gives texture to your seasoning.
- Kosher salt. The same story. You can try using extra-ground, or marine, or the one on hand. But then I can’t vouch for the result. Due to the size of the grinding, the proportions and taste will change. Try to use kosher salt all the same.
- Granulated garlic. Perhaps at this point, you can allow yourself liberties and take garlic powder. The taste will change a little, but the proportion will work.
HOW TO MAKE Stone House Seasoning
Cooking this simple and necessary seasoning will take you just a couple of minutes. You need to mix kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and granulated garlic. All that is required of you is to observe proportions.
- Take 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic
- Add 2 tablespoons of freshly ground pepper
- Add 1/4 cup kosher salt
- Mix and place in a spice jar with a sealed lid.
- Tip: Optionally, you can diversify this seasoning and experiment with additives. Add onion powder, paprika or smoked paprika.
How to store stone house seasoning?
Store your seasoning in a dry spice jar with a sealed lid. The shelf life of such a season is one year.
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic or 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Combine kosher salt, granulated garlic and freshly ground black pepper in the right proportions in a dry bowl. Put everything in a jar with a sealed lid.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT
Leave a Reply