Yesterday was a St. Patrick’s Day dinner and today you do not want to cook anything? Or maybe you don’t have time to cook? This corned beef hash will help you if you have leftover boiled potatoes and cooked corned beef. This is a quick, simple, tasty, and satisfying meal for the whole family!
Corned beef hash
It is a combination of two beloved dishes: potatoes and corned beef. For me, this dish is not very suitable for a festive table, but it is really good as a dinner for a large hungry family!
In less than half an hour you will have a nourishing, delicious, awesome dish on your table! If you have leftovers, prepare this corned beef hash for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
In this recipe, we will tell you how to cook really delicious corned beef hash at home! You can cook it quickly, but you will eat it even faster.
It is difficult to find a person who would not like fried potatoes with beef, and I am no exception. I drool constantly when I think about corned beef hash. By the way, it will be even tastier if you will serve this dish with poached or fried eggs.
Where is corn beef hash from?
Corned beef hash comes from Europe, but very quickly became popular in the United States during and after the Second World War.
This dish has always been a great choice for using leftovers (potatoes, meat). Today, the corned beef hash is most often served for breakfast with eggs.
How do you make corned beef hash from scratch?
We use leftover cooked corned beef and boiled potatoes for this recipe, so it is perfect after the holidays. If you want to make this recipe but you don’t have leftovers, you still can make it!
Just boil potatoes and cook corned beef. Then, follow this recipe.
Step by Step to make corned beef hash?
Is it so easy to make corned beef hash! First, cut potatoes and finely chop cooked corned beef. Then, heat 2 tbsp of butter in a skillet. Add onion and saute until tender.
Add corned beef and potatoes. Mix. Then, press down with a spatula. Cook on medium heat until brown. Then, flip this mix of potatoes and corned beef and press down with spatula again.
Cook until brown. Add parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix. Serve when warm.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of unsalted butter on medium heat. Add 1 chopped onion, mix.
- Saute chopped onion on medium heat until translucent.
- Add 2 cups finely chopped corned beef and 2 cups chopped potatoes. Mix until combined. Then, using a metal spatula, press down corned beef and potatoes. Cook on medium heat until brown.
- When a corned beef hash is browned on one side, flip this mixture and press down with spatula again. Cook until browned on the other side.
- Turn off the heat. Add 1 ½ tbsp chopped parsley, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp freshly ground pepper. Mix until combined. Serve immediately.
Preparation tips to Make Corned Beef Hash
– You can change the amount of fresh parsley, salt, and pepper to suit your taste.
– Add more butter if your corned beef hash is sticking.
– Serve the corned beef hash with eggs, salads, tomato sauces, toasts, or hollandaise sauce.
What goes with corned beef hash?
This corned beef hash goes well with poached/scrambled/fried eggs, vegetables, hollandaise sauce, or tomato sauces.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, BEEF RECIPES
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter;
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped;
- 2 cups cooked corned beef, finely chopped;
- 2 cups cooked potatoes, chopped;
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh parsley, chopped;
- ½ tsp salt;
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt unsalted butter. Then, add chopped onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add chopped cooked potatoes and finely chopped corned beef, mix. Using a metal spatula, press down the corned beef hash. Cook on medium heat until brown (don't stir). Then, turn over the corned beef hash with a spatula and press down again. Cook until brown on the other side (don't stir the potatoes and corned beef).
- Turn off the heat when the corned beef hash is brown on both sides. Add chopped parsley, freshly ground pepper and salt. Mix. Serve with fried/poached/scrambled eggs or salads.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT
Leave a Reply