These crispy Mexican potatoes are a perfect side dish. I’m sure you will definitely find such simple ingredients in your kitchen. It is so easy to make this recipe because the preparation time doesn’t take you more than 10 minutes.
You don’t need to peel potatoes. Just cut them, add olive oil and spices. Toss to coat, bake and enjoy this side dish with your favorite meat, salad or sauce!
Why it’s called Mexican potato?
Mexican potatoes are crispy baked russet potatoes seasoned with paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. The perfect side dish for any dinner!
How to make Mexican potatoes
- Step 1. Mix smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, freshly ground pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Step 2. Cut russet potatoes into 1/2-inch square cubes.
- Step 3. Transfer potatoes to the large bowl. Then, drizzle with olive oil and add spices. Toss to coat.
- Step 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 5. Spread potatoes into a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 450°F.
- Step 6. Flip potatoes and bake for additional 15 minutes or until crispy and brown.
Preparation tips To make Mexican potatoes
- You can also sprinkle potatoes with additional spices or fresh herbs when potatoes are already baked.
- If potato cubes don’t fit in an even layer on a baking sheet, use one more baking sheet.
- You can use other starchy potatoes instead of russet potatoes.
How long does it take to boil potatoes?
There is no need to boil potatoes for this recipe. Just cut them into ½ inch square cubes.
What meat goes well with fried potatoes?
I like to serve baked potatoes with a juicy steak, bacon, chicken, sausages, fresh salad, or sour cream sauce.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- - 1.5 lbs russet potatoes;
- - ⅛ cup olive oil;
- - ¼ tsp smoked paprika;
- - ¼ tsp garlic powder;
- - ¼ tsp onion powder;
- - ¼ tsp chili powder;
- - ¼ tsp cumin;
- - ¼ tsp cinnamon;
- - ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper;
- - ¼ tsp salt.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix all the spices in a small bowl.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch square cubes. Transfer cubed potatoes to the large bowl, add olive oil and mix of spices. Gently toss to coat.
- Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread into a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins. Then, flip potato cubes and bake for additional 15 minutes or until crispy and brown.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT