To be honest, I really love complex dishes with a huge amount of ingredients. In principle, I love to cook and I can stand for hours in the kitchen, creating something delicious and appetizing.
But, there are always times when you want to devote more time to your husband, child, or yourself. Then no less delicious, but very easy and quick recipes come to the rescue, such as bacon-wrapped chicken tenders.
BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN TENDERS
All you need are chicken tenders, bacon slices, and condiments. And if you still think that poultry in meat is too much, just try these juicy morsels!
Another variation on this theme using cheese. Place a slice of cheese (hard varieties such as cheddar or Swiss will work) on the chicken tender. Then wrap in bacon and bake.
How to cook bacon wrapped chicken tenders?
Prepare all the ingredients for the fastest and most convenient cooking. In one bowl, combine pepper, salt, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic, and onion powder.
In the other brown sugar and chili powder. Dip the chicken tenders in the first mixture and wrap each bite in bacon, folding the edges down. Sprinkle with the sugar mixture, press with your fingers, and cook!
How long to bake bacon wrapped chicken tenders?
Preheat oven, grill or smoker to 350 degrees F. Bake in the smoker with the door closed or in the oven for half an hour.
After that, you can take out one piece, cut it, and check for readiness.
Bake for another 5-7 minutes if necessary, but usually half an hour enough.
Also, after cooking in a smoker, you can put bacon wrapped chicken tenders on a baking sheet and fry for a few minutes to make the bacon crisp.
Do you cover bacon wrapped chicken tenders?
If you don’t like sweetmeat dishes, then don’t sprinkle chicken tenders with brown sugar. As for me, I really love this cover. The brown sugar melts in the oven and forms a sweet glaze that goes well with bacon.
How to make BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN TENDERS from scratch?
- Step 1. Preheat oven (grill or smoker) to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine pepper, salt, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic, and onion powder.
- Step 2. Place chicken tenders in a separate large bowl and add prepared seasoning so that all pieces are covered on all sides.
- Step 3. Wrap each chicken tender in a thin slice of bacon, tucking the edges down.
- Step 4. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and chili powder.
- Step 5. Sprinkle the chicken tenders with the sugar mixture, press with your fingers to keep it from falling off. Place everything on a parchment-lined baking sheet if cooking in the oven. Or place in a smoker and cook with the lid closed for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, CHICKEN RECIPES
- CHICKEN PICCATA WITH LEMON SAUCE
- HOMEMADE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE
- CAJUN CHICKEN WITH BELL PEPPERS
- ALICE SPRINGS CHICKEN RECIPE
- MARRY ME CHICKEN
- SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN TENDERS
1. Double the amount of seasoning, salt, and bacon slices if you want more chicken tenders.
2. Use as thinly sliced bacon as possible. It’s easier to wrap around chicken tenders and won’t stick out.
What to serve with bacon-wrapped chicken tenders?
My top recommendation is to cook the side dish while the bacon-wrapped chicken tenders are baked in the oven or smoker. To serve the side dish along with the chicken. If the side dish is late, you run the risk of being left without a full meal because chicken tenders will be eaten right away. So, the following side dishes go well:
BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN TENDERS
- 1 lb chicken tenders (approx 10 chicken tenders)
- 10 strips bacon
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ to 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Mix all spices except chili powder with salt and sprinkle with chicken tenders so that they are coated on all sides.
- Wrap the chicken in thin slices of bacon, fold the edges down.
- Combine brown sugar with chili powder and sprinkle with chicken rolls. Press with your fingers to keep the mixture from falling off.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cook in a preheated to 350 F oven for half an hour. Or place in a smoker and cook with the lid closed for about 30 minutes.
- Wash chicken tenders and pat dry with paper towels before using them.
- Fold the chicken tenders into a sturdy bag, add seasoning, close the bag, and shake. This will ensure an even coating.
- If the bacon is dry and the sugar does not adhere well to it, lightly brush the surface of the bacon with vegetable oil.