This time I want to share with you an excellent recipe for homemade lemon brownies. I was treated with this dessert at a recent picnic and I didn’t immediately understand what it was.
How to make homemade lemon brownies?
Follow the simple recipe below to make these delicious Lemon Brownies from scratch.
To make lemon brownies you need a mixer. In a bowl, mix the softened butter with sugar and beat for a few minutes until creamy.
Note that the butter and eggs should be at about the same temperature for best results, so remove them from the refrigerator beforehand.
- Step 1. Cut butter, softened to room temperature, into cubes, and combine with sugar. Whisk until creamy.
- Step 2. Add eggs, lemon juice, and zest beat again.
- Step 3. Sift flour and sprinkle into a bowl and mix until combined.
- Step 4. Spray oil into a 9 “* 13” baking dish or line with parchment. Layout the dough and spread evenly. Bake in an oven preheated to 350F for 30-35 minutes. Or until the cake is lightly browned and the middle is set.
- Step 5. For the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and zest in a small bowl. Add enough lemon juice so that the glaze is not too thick.
- Step 6. Cover the hot cake with glaze and let cool. Then remove it from the pan by the edges of the parchment, or immediately cut into pieces and serve.
Can you freeze lemon brownies?
To freeze lemon brownies, wait until it has completely cooled down. Then wrap with cling film, place in a container with an airtight lid, and put in a freezer.
Shelf life 2-3 months. Defrost lemon brownies overnight in the refrigerator before eating, then serve.
- Use only fresh lemon juice and zest for the best aroma and taste.
- Use a 9 * 13-inch pan to make the cake thick. Or, line the baking tray with foil for a thin pie. It will take 2 times less time to bake it!
- For variety, you can add fresh berries or white chocolate chips to the dough.
How to store lemon brownies?
Lemon brownies keep well both at room temperature and in the refrigerator!
After the cake has completely cooled, wrap it in plastic wrap or foil. Or put in a container with a lid, then put in the refrigerator.
Shelf life at room temperature 3-4 days, in the refrigerator no more than a week.
You might like these other recipes!
AMAZING LEMON BROWNIES
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Whisk the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, and zest and whisk.
- Add flour and salt, mix until smooth.
- Grease a 9 * 13 baking dish, lay out the dough and distribute. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 F until golden brown.
- For the glaze, combine the powdered sugar with lemon zest and juice (add a little more juice for a thinner glaze). Cover the hot cake with glaze. Let it cool completely cool, cut into pieces, and serve.
- Use quality, high-fat butter.
- Remove eggs and butter from the refrigerator in advance, so that they are about the same temperature.
- Line a baking dish with parchment with high edges so you can easily get the cake out of the pan.
How many calories in lemon brownies?
One pie can be cut into 20 portions. One such piece contains 211 kcal.
My husband loves anything lemon. So this recipe was perfect. To try something a little different, instead of the lemon glaze I made homemade raspberry curd which I swirled into the top of the batter before baking. Looked pretty, tasted great. Thanks for sharing.
I made this recipe last night, can’t tell you what a hit it was.
So good. Thank you for sharing
Very easy recipe, and the taste, nothing short of devine 🤤😋 I love the lemony freshness.
So glad you loved it! Thanks so much for the 5 star rating!
Really good, easy and fast to make.. I think I will try adding white chocolate chips next time for something different.
So glad you were able to customize it to your liking!
Very moist the lemon taste so fresh I found more to be like a cake than a brownie it was absolutely delicious
Love your recipe
Oh my goodness you are so kind. Thank you for coming back to leave a review!
One of the best lemon desserts I’ve ever had.
That sounds amazing!
looking forward to try it
If you decide to try, I’d love to know how it turned out. thanks