This is a super easy flavorful custard peach pie with a crispy crust, sweet peaches, creamy texture, and a crumbly streusel topping.
This is a perfect pie which you can make in any season of the year because you can use fresh, frozen or canned peaches. As for me, it is impossible to buy fresh peaches in my city in winter, so I use frozen or canned peach slices.
My family and I like to serve this peach pie with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. This soft, tender, and moist peach pie will melt in your mouth.
How Do You Make Custard Peach Pie
- Step 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place pie crust in ungreased pan. Press the crust into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Make holes in the pie crust using a fork. Bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Step 2. Add 3 egg yolks to a bowl. Beat using an electric mixer.
- Step 3. Add 2 containers of peach yogurt, ¾ cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and ¼ cup all-purpose flour.
- Step 4. Beat until combined.
- Step 5. Place 2 ½ cans of peach slices in the bottom of the crust.
- Step 6. Pour the yogurt mixture over the peach slices. Bake for 20 minutes. Then, cover the crust with an aluminum foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Step 7. Add 6 tbsp cold butter, ½ cup all-purpose flour, and ¼ cup brown sugar to the bowl. Combine using a fork until crumbly.
- Step 8. Remove the pie from the oven. Sprinkle the crumbly mixture over the pie. Bake for additional 15-20 minutes. Let the peach pie cool completely before cutting and serving. Then, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream.
Do you have to peel peaches for pie?
No, you don’t need to peel peaches for this recipe. If you are going to use canned peach slices, then they are already peeled Just drain the syrup and let the peaches dry on some paper towels.
If you are going to use fresh peaches, you don’t need to peel them, just cut them into slices, but if you don’t like peaches with skin, of course, you can peel them.
Can I use canned peaches instead of fresh?
Yes, sure. You can use any type of peaches (fresh, canned, or frozen). For this peach pie recipe, you need to use 2 ½ cans (15 oz each) peach slices or 5-6 fresh peaches.
Do you thaw frozen peaches before making a pie?
Yes. If you are planning to use frozen peaches you will need to thaw them. Then, you will need to dry them using a paper towel to get rid of the excess moisture.
can you freeze peach pie?
Yes, you can freeze this peach pie. When the peach pie is baked, let it cool completely before removing from the pan. Remove peach pie from the pan and place it in an airtight container or tightly wrap with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Freeze.
does peach pie need to be refrigerated?
Yes, you need to store the pie in the refrigerator. It can be stored for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. This pie tastes better with ice-cream of whipped cream. You can eat it warm or cold.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT Peach Pie
1) You can use store-bought or homemade pie crust.
2) You can make this pie using fresh, frozen, or canned peaches.
3) Use the pie weights (dry beans, rice, sugar) to pre-bake the crust.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, Pineapple RECIPES
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- How Do You Make A Moist Granny Cake?
- Do Nothing Tornado Cake!
- A Lemon Cake To Die For!
- Creamy Lemon Squares
- Mini Lemon Drop Cakes
CUSTARD PEACH PIE
For the peach pie:
- - 1 package store-bought pie crust, thawed if frozen;
- - 3 egg yolks;
- - 2 containers (6 oz each) peach yogurt;
- - ¾ cup sugar;
- - ¼ cup all-purpose flour;
- - 1 tsp vanilla extract;
- - 2 ½ cans (15 oz each) peach slices, drained.
For the streusel topping:
- - 6 tbsp unsalted butter;
- - ½ cup all-purpose flour;
- - ¼ cup of brown sugar.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place pie crust in ungreased pan. Press the pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Make holes in the crust using a fork. Bake in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes.
- While the pie crust is baking, prepare the yogurt filling. In a bowl, beat egg yolks using an electric mixer. Then, add peach yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract, and all-purpose flour. Beat using an electric mixer until combined.
- Let the peach slices dry on some paper towels. Then, place them on the bottom of the crust. Add the yogurt mixture to the crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Then, cover the pie crust with an aluminum foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Prepare the streusel topping while the pie is baking. Mix butter, flour and brown sugar with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle this crumbly mixture over the pie. Bake for additional 15-20 minutes. Let the peach pie cool completely before cutting and serving. Serve with ice-cream, whipped cream, or chocolate sauce.