If you like to have a delicious dinner and spend minimum time in cooking, you should try this easy Cajun shrimp pasta recipe. I like this combination of shrimp, Cajun seasoning, and pasta, it is perfect!
How to make cajun shrimp pasta?
- Step 1. Boil the water in a pan, salt it and add the pasta, cook it until al-dente. When the pasta is cooked, drain the water, pour some of the water into a mug, it may come in handy later on.
- Step 2. Mix the shrimp, olive oil, and Cajun seasoning.
- Step 3. Heat the large pan to fit all the shrimp in one layer and add the butter, if you don’t have a large pan, then simply fry the shrimp in 2 sets. Put the shrimp in a heated pan in one layer and fry over medium heat for a couple of minutes, when you see that a crust has appeared, turn all the shrimps over once and fry a couple of minutes on the other side.
- Step 4. Place the cream in a saucepan and bring it to a boil, when the cream boils, add the parmesan and wait until the cheese has dissolved.
- Step 5. Mix the shrimp, pasta, and cheese. if necessary; add some more water left from cooking the pasta. Stir and cover, serve on the table in a couple of minutes, in these couple of minutes the sauce will soak and the tastes of shrimp and cream sauce will mix.
What type of shrimp is best for Cajun Shrimp Pasta?
It is better to use wild shrimp, royal, or brindle. I like cooking pasta with large shrimp, not small. Mostly I buy frozen ones.
How To Know When Shrimp Are Done Cooking?
The shrimp will turn into golden color and a crust will appear on it. Note that when you fry the shrimp, it folds into a circle, and when the shrimp is rounded, it means that it is 100% ready.
How do I reheat cajun shrimp pasta?
I warm the pasta in the microwave or in a frying pan; this does not change the taste. CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA is just as tasty the next day. When you are warming up for a richer flavor, you can add a little grated cheese.
What to serve with Cajun Shrimp pasta?
Shrimp pasta is an independent full-fledged dish that perfectly saturates and satisfies the hunger feeling on my own. But pasta goes well with fresh vegetables or, for example, Amish broccoli salad will be a great addition to a delicious dinner.
Can I freeze cajun shrimp pasta recipe?
Yes, you can freeze the shrimp pasta in an airtight container, but I advise you to eat it fresh because when frozen, some of its taste will be lost, the shrimp may stop crackling, and the sauce will not be so full.
There are only 4 servings in this recipe, and the pasta is perfectly stored in the fridge, I think that nothing will remain
of a whole frying pan in a couple of days.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT cajun shrimp pasta
1. You should use fat cream, better than 20% fat for this recipe.
2. If you bought unrefined shrimps, be sure to clean it before frying, so that they are easier to clean, you can heat it a little in the microwave.
3. I usually grind the cheese and then add to cream, so it dissolves more evenly, but you can buy immediately chopped.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, HERE ARE A FEW MORE I THINK YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE!
- Slow Cooker Poor Man’s Stew
- Creamy Chicken Bake
- Easy Baked Burrito Casserole Recipe
- Marry Me Chicken
- Alice Springs Chicken Recipe
CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 pound raw shrimp deveined, cleaned, tail removed
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the packaging in salted water to an al-dente state. Then you should drain when the pasta is cooked, pour half a glass of water into a mug, you may need it.
- Mix shrimp with cajun seasoning and olive oil. You should fry the shrimp in a large skillet with butter, so that all the shrimp lay in one layer, turn the shrimp only once.
- Make a cream and cheese sauce, then you should bring the cream to a boil in a saucepan, add the crushed cheese and wait until the cheese melts.
- Mix the shrimps in a pan, pasta, and sauce, mix and cover. If the sauce is very thick, add a little water.
- To make the preparation of pasta take a minimum of time, you should immediately cook the shrimp, pasta, and sauce.
- Since the cajun seasoning is very salty, in the case it is preferable to use less than 2 tablespoons.
- You can use other pasta of a different shape, for example, whole pasta from whole grain flour, or from buckwheat, to make the paste even more useful.