Taco Pockets are quick and easy recipes for any dinner or a party. Soft tortillas, creamy salsa sauce, ground beef, shredded cheddar cheese, and taco seasoning make these taco pockets so yummy.
But you can also use other quick and easy fillings for this recipe. For example, hot sauce, diced jalapeños, Mexican rice, refried beans, and shredded chicken.
I like dishes which you can serve with different toppings. Taco Pockets are an ideal recipe for a party because everyone can choose the topping they like.
Usually, I serve taco pockets with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, or hot sauce. Invite your friends to a Taco Party and prepare these yummy Taco Pockets!
How to make Taco Pockets from scratch?
Follow the simple recipe below to make these delicious Taco Pockets from scratch.
- Step 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook 1 lb ground beef in the skillet until browned. Then, add 2 tbsp of taco seasoning or as much as indicated on the packet instruction. Turn off the heat and set it aside.
- Step 2. Add 8 oz cream cheese to the mixing bowl. Beat until fluffy.
- Step 3. Then, add ½ cup salsa to the beaten cream cheese. Beat until well combined.
- Step 4. Place tortilla on the work surface or on a plate. Add 1 tbsp of cream cheese and salsa mixture to the center of the tortilla.
- Step 5. Cover cream cheese and salsa mixture with cooked beef.
- Step 6. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Step 7. Wrap tortilla the same as you wrap a burrito. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Step 8. Line baking tray or baking dish with parchment paper. Place 12 taco pockets on a prepared baking tray.
- Step 9. Brush each taco pocket with melted butter.
- Step 10. Top each taco pocket with shredded cheddar cheese. Then, bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until taco pockets are golden and cheese melts. Enjoy!
how long Taco Pockets last?
I rarely freeze the taco pockets, because we eat them really quickly, but sometimes, I cook large batches of the taco pockets and freeze them, so there is some ready-to-cook food in the fridge.
Taco pockets can be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months. You can also store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
can you freeze taco pockets?
Sure, you can freeze taco pockets. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months. There are two ways you can freeze them – uncooked and cooked.
If you want to freeze taco pockets uncooked, just wrap them and place them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. Freeze.
Brush taco pockets with melted butter and sprinkles them with shredded cheddar cheese just before baking. But if you are planning to freeze them baked, let them completely cool.
Then, place them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. Freeze.
- You can use egg wash or olive oil instead of melted butter for brushing the taco pockets before baking.
- You can add some diced jalapeños or refried beans to the filling.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- Homemade Chicken And Dumplings Recipe
- Marry Me Chicken
- Alice Springs Chicken Recipe
- Johnny Marzetti Casserole – (ground Beef Casserole Recipe)
CHEESY TACO POCKETS RECIPE
- - 1 lb ground beef;
- - 2 tbsp taco seasoning, depends on the instructions on the packet;
- - 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature;
- - ½ cup salsa;
- - 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese;
- - 2 tbsp butter, melted;
- - 12 small tortillas.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking tray or baking dish with a parchment paper.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet. Add taco seasoning depending on the packet instruction (we use 2 tbsp). Turn off the heat.
- Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer. Add salsa when cream cheese is fluffy. Then, mix until well combined.
- Place tortilla on the work surface. Add 1 tbsp of cream cheese and salsa mixture to the center of the tortilla. Cover this mixture with cooked beef. Then, top with shredded cheddar cheese. Wrap tortilla the same as a burrito. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Place taco pockets on the prepared baking tray. Then, brush wrapped tortillas with melted butter and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until taco pockets are golden and cheese melts. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings (guacamole, hot sauce, salsa, sour cream).