Chicken Piccata is a very simple and flavorful dish that anyone can cook for dinner. The first time I tried Chicken Piccata was when I was visiting my school friend. I never thought chicken breasts could be so juicy.
what is chicken piccata?
Chicken Piccata is a delicious and simple dish. It is flattened chicken breast halves coated with flour, Parmesan cheese, minced parsley, salt and dipped into the mixture of egg substitute, dry white wine, lemon juice, minced garlic, and a hot pepper sauce. Then, cooked and served with a lemon sauce.
This Chicken Piccata is a very delicious way to cook boneless skinless chicken breast halves.
All you need to do is flatten the chicken, coat with flour mixture, then, dip into the egg mixture and coat with flour mixture again.
Then, cook in a large skillet until golden brown.
When chicken breast halves are cooked, you can prepare the lemon sauce in the same skillet.
It will take only a few minutes.
can you make chicken piccata ahead of time?
Chicken Piccata is an easy and quick dinner. Of course, you can make it ahead of time. First, flatten the chicken breasts halves using a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin.
Then, coat with flour mixture, dip into the egg mixture, and coat with flour mixture one more time.
Then, transfer coated chicken breast halves to an airtight container or to a zip loc bag. Freeze. You can store uncooked chicken piccata for up to 2 months in the freezer.
Also, you can prepare the sauce and freeze it when it cools completely or prepare the lemon sauce while chicken piccata is reheating.
How to make chicken piccata from scratch?
- Step 1. Add ½ cup egg substitute, 2 tbsp dry white wine, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 3 minced garlic cloves, a few drops hot pepper sauce to the shallow dish. Mix to combine.
- Step 2. Add ½ cup flour, ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, ¼ minced parsley, ½ tsp salt to another shallow dish.
- Step 3. Dip chicken breast half into the flour mixture. Then, into the egg mixture and again into the flour mixture. Repeat with the remaining chicken breast halves.
- Step 4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Cook each chicken breast half for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer cooked chicken breast halves to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Step 5. Melt 2 tbsp butter in the same skillet.
- Step 6. Add ¼ cup dry white wine and 3 tbsp lemon juice to the melted butter. Bring to a boil. Cook until the lemon sauce reduced by a fourth.
- Step 7. Serve chicken breasts halves warm and drizzle with lemon sauce.
how to reheat chicken piccata?
You can store the chicken piccata in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container. Then, you can reheat the chicken piccata in the microwave, the oven, and on the stove.
You can add some chicken broth to make it juicier after storing it in the refrigerator and to prevent the chicken breasts from drying out.
what to serve with chicken piccata?
Chicken Piccata is a traditional Italian meal that tastes very good with noodles, rice, Mexican potatoes, pasta, vegetable salad, or roasted vegetables. For me, the easiest way to serve chicken piccata is to serve is with pasta.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT chicken piccata
1) You can use a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin to flatten the chicken breast halves.
2) You can also use dried parsley instead of fresh.
3) You can use chicken broth instead of dry white wine.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, CHICKEN RECIPES
- CHICKEN STEW
- CAJUN CHICKEN WITH BELL PEPPERS
- ALICE SPRINGS CHICKEN RECIPE (OUTBACK COPYCAT)
- MARRY ME CHICKEN
- CREAMY CHICKEN BAKE
- EASY HOMEMADE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE
- DORITOS CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- PINEAPPLE CHICKEN AND RICE
Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce
- - 8 chicken breasts halves, boneless skinless (4 oz each);
- - ½ cup egg substitute;
- - 2 tbsp dry white wine;
- - 2 tbsp lemon juice;
- - 3 garlic cloves, minced;
- - a few drops hot pepper sauce;
- - ½ cup flour;
- - ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated;
- - ¼ fresh parsley, minced;
- - ½ tsp salt;
- - olive oil.
For the lemon sauce:
- - 2 tbsp butter;
- - ¼ cup dry white wine;
- - 3 tbsp lemon juice.
- Cover a cutting board with a plastic wrap. Place chicken breasts half on it. Then, cover chicken breast half with a plastic wrap. So, the chicken breast is placed between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Flatten chicken breast half with a meat tenderizer. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts halves.
- Mix together egg substitute, dry white wine, lemon juice, garlic, and hot pepper sauce in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Add flour, Parmesan cheese, minced parsley, and salt to another dish. Mix to combine.
- Dip chicken breast half into the flour mixture. Then, into the egg mixture and again into the flour mixture. Repeat with the other halves.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Cook each chicken breast half for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add butter to the same skillet. Melt. Then, add wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Cook until the lemon sauce reduced by a fourth. Serve chicken breasts halves warm and drizzle with this lemon sauce.