Chicken Piccata is a very simple and flavorful dish that anyone can cook for dinner. The first time I tried Chicken Piccata was when I was visiting my school friend. I never thought chicken breasts could be so juicy.
What is chicken piccata?
Chicken Piccata is a delicious and simple dish. It is flattened chicken breast halves coated with flour, Parmesan cheese, minced parsley, salt and dipped into the egg substitute mixture, dry white wine, lemon juice, minced garlic, and a hot pepper sauce.
Serve this amazing chicken piccata with mashed potatoes, rice, pasta, or roasted vegetables and drizzle with flavorful and buttery lemon sauce.
How to make chicken piccata?
- Add ½ cup egg substitute, 2 tbsp dry white wine, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 3 minced garlic cloves, a few drops of hot pepper sauce to the shallow dish. Mix to combine.
- Add ½ cup flour, ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, ¼ minced parsley, ½ tsp salt to another shallow dish.
- Dip chicken breast half into the flour mixture. Then, into the egg mixture and again into the flour mixture. Repeat with the remaining chicken breast halves.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Cook each chicken breast half for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer cooked chicken breast halves to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in the same skillet.
- Add ¼ cup dry white wine and 3 tbsp lemon juice to the melted butter. Bring to a boil. Cook until the lemon sauce is reduced by a fourth.
- Serve chicken breasts halves warm and drizzle with lemon sauce.
Can you make chicken piccata ahead of time?
Chicken Piccata is an easy and quick dinner. Of course, you can make it ahead of time. First, flatten the chicken breast halves using a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin.
Then, coat with flour mixture, dip into the egg mixture and coat with flour mixture one more time.
Then, transfer coated chicken breast halves to an airtight container or a Ziploc bag. Freeze. You can store uncooked chicken piccata for up to 2 months in the freezer.
Also, you can prepare the sauce and freeze it when it cools completely or prepare the lemon sauce while chicken piccata is reheating.
How to reheat chicken piccata?
You can store the chicken piccata in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container. Then, you can reheat the chicken piccata in the microwave, the oven, and on the stove.
You can add some chicken broth to make it juicier after storing it in the refrigerator and prevent the chicken breasts from drying out.
- You can use a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin to flatten the chicken breast halves.
- You can also use dried parsley instead of fresh. And chicken broth instead of dry white wine.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME CHICKEN RECIPES
- CHICKEN STEW
- CAJUN CHICKEN WITH BELL PEPPERS
- ALICE SPRINGS CHICKEN RECIPE (OUTBACK COPYCAT)
- MARRY ME CHICKEN
- CREAMY CHICKEN BAKE
Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce
- - 8 chicken breasts halves, boneless skinless (4 oz each);
- - ½ cup egg substitute;
- - 2 tbsp dry white wine;
- - 2 tbsp lemon juice;
- - 3 garlic cloves, minced;
- - a few drops hot pepper sauce;
- - ½ cup flour;
- - ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated;
- - ¼ fresh parsley, minced;
- - ½ tsp salt;
- - olive oil.
For the lemon sauce:
- - 2 tbsp butter;
- - ¼ cup dry white wine;
- - 3 tbsp lemon juice.
- Cover a cutting board with a plastic wrap. Place chicken breasts half on it. Then, cover chicken breast half with a plastic wrap. So, the chicken breast is placed between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Flatten chicken breast half with a meat tenderizer. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts halves.
- Mix together egg substitute, dry white wine, lemon juice, garlic, and hot pepper sauce in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Add flour, Parmesan cheese, minced parsley, and salt to another dish. Mix to combine.
- Dip chicken breast half into the flour mixture. Then, into the egg mixture and again into the flour mixture. Repeat with the other halves.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Cook each chicken breast half for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add butter to the same skillet. Melt. Then, add wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Cook until the lemon sauce reduced by a fourth. Serve chicken breasts halves warm and drizzle with this lemon sauce.
One of my top go to recipes! Delicious and easy to make!
Ashley - 100krecipes
Thank you Judy! So glad you liked the recipe!
Absolutely the best chicken that I have ever eaten. Will make it over and over. Love it!!!
Probably in my top 3 all time favorite recipes! I don’t even really like chicken piccata from restaurants, but this is so delicious. About to make it for the 20 somethingth time, and my stomach is growling!
I made it for the first time and it was delicious!
Thanks For Sharing this Amazing Recipe. My Family Loved It. I will be sharing this Recipe with my Friends. Hope They will like it.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Helan Thank you for the 5-star rating.
Made it twice. Once your way and once with cheese and tomato sauce. Both times the chicken melted in our mouths. I’ll make this many more times, it is so good.
Wow, thank you so much, Sim, for coming back and letting me know you enjoyed them! And for the kind words, you just made my day!
Do you have to use egg substitute?
Hi Taylor, You can use both egg substitute or eggs.