There are so many different chicken recipes all over the world, but there are always ones that you haven’t tried yet. This cajun chicken isn’t like any others you ate. It is tender, juicy, creamy, and at the same time fragrant and spicy. I really like the combination of cream cheese and cayenne pepper.
CAJUN CHICKEN WITH BELL PEPPERS
I like such recipes because I don’t need to wash a lot of dirty dishes after cooking. Really, I’m in love with cooking, but I hate how my kitchen looks in the evening. It’s like a tornado of dirty plates. So, this cajun chicken recipe saves my day every time that I don’t have enough time for cooking and cleaning. One-pan meal, I love you.
☞ What is a Cajun chicken wrap?
Cajun chicken wrap is a quick and easy meal. If you have Cajun chicken leftovers, you can make your own Cajun chicken wrap. For this recipe, you will need cooked Cajun chicken, wheat flour tortillas, your favorite vegetables, and fresh herbs. You can also use any of your favorite dressings or prepare it with mayonnaise, lemon juice, and the same Cajun spices as we have in the recipe below. All you need to do is just place chopped vegetables and sliced Cajun chicken on the tortilla and drizzle with dressing. Then, roll up and serve. Enjoy!
☞ where does cajun chicken come from?
Cajun cuisine is named after French-speaking Acadians who were deported by the British from Acadia in Canada. But there is no Cajun chicken in Cajun cuisine. This chicken is called Cajun because of the use of Cajun seasonings, bell peppers, and garlic in the recipe. All of these ingredients are included in Cajun cuisine.
☞ What does Cajun chicken taste like?
Cajun chicken has a spicy, smoky, and creamy taste, but at the same time, it is moist and juicy. The recipe includes cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese which makes chicken breasts so creamy. And, of course, minced garlic, paprika, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, and bell peppers make it so fragrant and spicy.
☞ what to serve with cajun chicken?
You can serve this amazing Cajun chicken with potatoes (roasted or mashed), roasted vegetables, rice, and any simple salad. Also, I like to use Cajun chicken leftovers to make sandwiches or tortilla wraps.
☞ What is Cajun seasoning made of?
The Cajun seasoning that is used in this recipe consists only of five ingredients, but it gives the chicken breasts a lot of flavors. You will need to combine 1 tsp of paprika, ¼ tsp of dried oregano, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, ¼ tsp dried thyme and ¼ tsp of salt. That’s all. What can be easier and so fragrant? And sure, feel free to use this seasoning in other recipes.
How to make CAJUN CHICKEN from scratch;
- Step 1 Add 1 tsp paprika, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, ¼ tsp oregano, ¼ tsp thyme and ¼ tsp salt to a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Step 2 Grease the casserole dish using a non-stick cooking spray. Add sliced bell peppers.
- Step 3 Cover bell pepper slices with chicken breasts.
- Step 4 Sprinkle chicken breasts with a mix of the seasonings.
- Step 5 Add minced garlic.
- Step 6 Add sliced chilled cream cheese.
- Step 7 Add shredded cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven until chicken breasts are cooked (check the readiness with a cooking thermometer). When ready, remove bell pepper slices from underneath and lay them on top of the chicken breasts. Enjoy with your favorite veggies, roasted potatoes, rice, or salad.
Baking Tips For cajun chicken
- You can use more or less cayenne pepper depending on your taste.
- We use three mini sweet bell peppers, you can use as many as you want but use enough to cover the bottom of the form. Be sure that bell pepper slices cover the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Use cold cream cheese.
☞ can you freeze cajun chicken?
Sure, you can freeze Cajun chicken leftovers and store them for up to 2 months. The best way to freeze Cajun chicken is to place chicken breasts in an airtight container. As for me, I prefer to make sandwiches and tortilla wrap with chicken leftovers. But if you need to freeze it, of course, do so, but don’t store it in the freezer for more than 2 months.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME, CHICKEN RECIPES
- BAKED BANG BANG CHICKEN
- ALICE SPRINGS CHICKEN RECIPE (OUTBACK COPYCAT)
- MARRY ME CHICKEN
- CHICKEN PICCATA
- CREAMY CHICKEN BAKE
Cajun Chicken with Bell Peppers
- 2 small bell peppers or more mini sweet bell peppers;
- 4 small chicken breasts;
- 4 cloves garlic, minced;
- 6 oz cream cheese;
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese;
- 1 tsp paprika;
- t/4 tsp cayenne pepper;
- ¼ tsp dried oregano;
- ¼ tsp dried thyme;
- ¼ tsp salt.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, and salt together.
- Thinly slice bell peppers and add them to the casserole dish. Evenly distribute them on the bottom of the dish. Then, put chicken breasts over the sliced bell peppers. Sprinkle with the seasonings mix. Add minced garlic.
- Divide 6 oz of cream cheese into 8 pieces. Cover each chicken breast with 2 slices of cream cheese. Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until chicken breasts are completely cooked. Check the readiness with a cooking thermometer (the safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165°F). When the chicken is ready, remove bell pepper slices from underneath and lay them on top of the chicken breasts. Enjoy!