Cheese Danish Recipe is a quick and easy breakfast dessert recipe. This is a gentle creamy cheese filling between two layers of puff pastry.
Breakfast Cheese Danish
Shall I tell you how the morning begins in the role of mom and wife? Having barely opened my eyes, I go to the kitchen, drink some water, and start cooking breakfast.
For a little daughter, most often I cook mixed cereals, fruit, or vegetable purees. For my husband, something more serious: fried eggs or omelet, salad, and toasts. When everyone is fed, I can wash the dishes and go shower. Haha))) Yes, sometimes I forget to have breakfast, and sometimes my daughter eats up my entire portion appetizingly.
If you want to wake up and immediately treat yourself to something tasty – The cheese Danish Recipe is for you. Cooking it the night before will not take much time, and the next day you will only need to cut a tender pie into pieces. The morning may be perfect!
What is a Breakfast Cheese Danish?
This is a light creamy cheese pie with icing, which can be easily prepared by a novice cook and even a child. So what is it? These are two layers of tender dough with soft cheese filling inside.
What does a Breakfast Cheese Danish taste like?
This is a gentle filling of cream cheese with vanilla flavor, which lies between two layers of puff pastry. For a special flavor, you can add a little almond essence and sprinkle the top of the pie with almond flakes.
Does Breakfast Cheese Danish need to be refrigerated?
I understand that it’s very difficult to resist the smell and look of this creamy madness. And you can try to cut and serve your dessert right away.
But be prepared for the fact that the filling in the hot state does not hold well and spreads. Thus, I recommend putting the cake in the refrigerator after cooling for at least an hour. This will allow the filling to condense and without difficulty cut the pie into portioned slices.
How to make Breakfast Cheese Danish from scratch?
Cheese Danish is quick and easy to prepare, and you can see it yourself now. Beat cream cheese with egg, sugar, and vanilla. Put one sheet of dough in a baking dish, forming high sides. Put a creamy mass on top of it, cover with a second sheet of dough and brush with egg white. After baking, cover the finished cake with the icing of sugar and milk. That’s all!
Step by Step instructions,
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease or spray oil onto a 13 * 9-inch baking dish. Layout one layer of dough, lifting along the edges to form the sides.
- Step 2. Place cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla in the mixer bowl. Beat until smooth creamy mass.
- Step 3. Put the creamy mass on top of the dough and spread with a spatula.
- Step 4. Close the cake on top with a second sheet of dough. Pinch the edges.
- Step 5. I use homemade Crescent Rolls dough, so the top layer must be pierced with a fork so that it does not swell during baking. The surface of the purchased dough is already perforated, so skip this point.
- Step 6. In a small bowl, whisk one egg white lightly and brush the surface of the cake with a culinary brush.
- Step 7. Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Step 8. In a bowl, mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Cover the surface of the pie. To freeze the icing, you can put the cake in the refrigerator. This step will also help to condense the filling and the cake will be easy to cut.
How to store Breakfast Cheese Danish?
Any dish that includes cream cheese and eggs must be stored in the refrigerator to extend the shelf life of the products. After the cake has completely cooled, cover it with cling film or foil. It can also be transferred to a plastic container with a lid and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT Cheese Danish
1. If desired, you can add fresh berries or a ready-made filling for the pie. Simply lay the berry layer on top of the cream cheese and cover with a layer of dough on top.
2. Serve the cake with ice cream or fresh berries.
3. You can divide the number of ingredients in half, keeping one egg, and make a small pie.
4. Crescent rolls you can replace with puff yeast dough or you can cook it yourself.
Can you freeze Breakfast Cheese Danish?
You can freeze Cheese Danish in two steps.
After you put a layer of dough on top of the filling, cover the baking dish with cling film or foil and put it in the freezer. Before baking, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator, grease with fresh egg white and bake.
Ready Cheese Danish completely cool and cover with foil. Put in the freezer and store there for no more than 3-4 months. Before serving, defrost overnight in the refrigerator, then lightly reheat in the oven or microwave, if necessary.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- THE BEST HOMEMADE BROWNIE RECIPE
- CUSTARD PEACH PIE
- MILK BAR CRACK PIE RECIPE
- GRANDMOTHER FAVORITE PEACH COBBLER
- CREAMY LEMON SQUARES
Easy Breakfast Cheese Danish Recipe
- 2 cans ready to use refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 packages 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (for glaze)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (for glaze)
- 2 tbsp milk (for glaze)
- Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Oil a baking dish, put one sheet of dough, forming high sides. Put the creamy mass and cover with a second layer of dough. Grease the surface with egg white.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, milk, and cover the cooled cake on top.
- If you use homemade Crescent Rolls dough, be sure to pierce it with a fork so that it does not swell during baking.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator when it has completely cooled. This will help to condense the cream cheese filling and you can easily cut the pie into pieces.
- Halve the amount of sugar in the filling for a more dietary option.