Chicken Stew is a delicious hearty meal with potatoes, celery, carrots, and chicken breasts. It is also a really simple recipe. Why is Chicken Stew so good for any dinner? because you don’t need to spend a lot of time cooking this dish. Simple ingredients, you can buy at any store or at the supermarket.
What else is good in this chicken stew? The fact that you can store it in the refrigerator and reheat it before serving. By the way, I also like this chicken stew because it can be frozen.
It is great to have a few servings in the freezer and one day eat a delicious dinner without any preparations.
This chicken stew smells delicious from the very beginning of its preparation. It’s so hard for me to resist and wait for it to be ready even though it takes a little more than 30 minutes to cook.
I hope that you will like this aroma of bay leaf, fresh thyme, and parsley in combination with juicy chicken and tender vegetables. Oh, it’s so delicious. I’m already drooling. Just give it a try!
How to make chicken stew
- Step 1. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large pot.
- Step 2. Add 2 sliced carrots, 1 chopped celery stalk, salt, and pepper. Stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until carrots is tender.
- Step 3. Add 3 minced garlic cloves. Stir and cook for 30-60 seconds.
- Step 4. Add 1 tbsp all-purpose flour. Stir.
- Step 5. Add 1 ½ lb. chicken breasts, 3 sprigs fresh thyme, 1 bay leaf, ¾ lb. potatoes and 3 cups chicken broth. Cover with a lid. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Turn off the heat. Remove the chicken breasts from a pot and transfer it to a plate.
- Step 6. Shred chicken breasts with two forks.
- Step 7. Add shredded chicken to a pot.
- Step 8. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
what herbs go with chicken stew?
This chicken stew is very fragrant. It tastes and smells delicious. This amazing smell comes from parsley, bay leaf, and fresh thyme. But you can also use fresh rosemary, sage, oregano, or basil.
can you reheat chicken stew?
Yes. When the chicken stew is completely cooled, cover it with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to three days. Also, you can store it in an airtight container. The chicken stew can be easily reheated on the stove or in the microwave.
what seasoning for chicken stew?
No additional seasonings are needed for this chicken stew because it has a very rich taste and aroma. Just add salt and pepper to your taste while cooking.
what to serve with chicken stew?
Chicken Stew is a delicious one-pot meal with chicken, vegetables, and herbs. As for me, I really like the combination of the chicken stew and fresh bread or crusty baguettes.
It tastes so good. But you can also serve the chicken stew with cornbread, salad, or Bisquick Cinnamon Rolls. And, of course, you can eat chicken stew without anything. Serve it warm and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy its taste.
Baking Tips For Chicken Stew
1) You can also use Russet potatoes for this recipe.
2) Add more flour or cornstarch if you want a thicker stew.
3) You can also replace fresh thyme with dried.
can you freeze chicken stew?
Sure, you can freeze chicken stew for later. I prefer to freeze it in an airtight container. It would be better to freeze the stew in portions so it is easier to use. You can store it in the fridge for up to three months.
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
- CAJUN CHICKEN WITH BELL PEPPERS
- FALL-OFF-THE-BONE CHICKEN
- BAKED BANG BANG CHICKEN
- ALICE SPRINGS CHICKEN RECIPE
Chicken Stew Recipe
- - 2 tbsp butter;
- - 2 carrots, peeled and sliced;
- - 1 celery stalk, chopped;
- - 3 garlic cloves, minced;
- - 1 tbsp flour;
- - 1 ½ lb. chicken breasts (boneless skinless);
- - 3 sprigs fresh thyme;
- - 1 bay leaf;
- - ¾ lb. baby potatoes, quartered;
- - 3 cups chicken broth;
- - fresh parsley, chopped;
- - salt;
- - pepper.
- Melt butter in a large pot. Then, add sliced carrots, chopped celery, salt and pepper, and stir. Cook until carrots are slightly softened (five to seven minutes). Add minced garlic, stir. Add all-purpose flour and mix.
- Add chicken breasts, fresh thyme, bay leaf, potatoes, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and the chicken is ready. Then, turn off the heat. Remove the chicken breasts from a pot and transfer to a plate. Shred each of the chicken breasts using two forks. Then, return shredded chicken to a pot. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve warm. Enjoy!