Do you feel this sweet smell? No? It’s because you are not baking Bisquick Cinnamon Rolls. But you have a chance to! With our Bisquick Cinnamon Rolls recipe, you’ll get a super flavoury dessert.
What is Bisquick made of?
This mix is really easy to use, but what it is made of?
As it is written on the package, Bisquick consists of bleached wheat flour (enriched with niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid), corn starch, dextrose, palm oil, baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, canola oil, salt, sugar, DATEM, and distilled monoglycerides. In other words, there is flour, sugar, salt, vegetable shortening, and baking soda.
But, it contains partially hydrogenated oils. Hydrogenated oils are high in trans fat. And as we all know, trans fats raise the level of bad cholesterol.
WHAT I NEED TO MAKE BISQUICK CINNAMON ROLLS
You’ll need Bisquick mix, milk, butter, sugar, and vanilla. Sounds easy, isn’t it? Just combine, roll, bake, and enjoy! Do you know what Bisquick is?
Bisquick is a popular pre-mixed baking mix sold by Betty Crocker’s brand (General Mills). It is used to make biscuits and pancakes, and our Bisquick Cinnamon Rolls.
What can I substitute for Bisquick?
If you are living a healthy life and watching what you eat, you can easily substitute Bisquick mix with a homemade one. It will be a more “healthier” variant.
To make homemade Bisquick mix you need flour, baking powder, salt, and butter. To receive the mix of the right consistency, you should sift flour, baking powder, and salt three times.
Mix the ingredients together with a pastry blender on low. The mixture should resemble coarse breadcrumbs. That’s it! Your homemade Bisquick mix is ready. Nothing complicated, isn’t it?
How long do you keep cinnamon rolls in the oven?
It doesn’t matter what kind of baking mix you are using, bake your Bisquick Cinnamon Rolls at 375F for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Add the cold cubed butter to the flour mixture when you are making a homemade Bisquick mix.
- You can combine the ingredients for homemade Bisquick mix using a standing mixer, two forks, or your fingers.
- Store homemade Bisquick mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator or in a freezer for up to 4 months.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
BISQUICK CINNAMON ROLLS
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl combine Bisquick, buttermilk, and sugar using a fork. Mix just until the mix creates a dough.
- In another bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nuts. Add a tablespoon of melted butter. Stir well and set aside.
- Put the dough onto a rolling surface and pat with your hand into a rectangular shape.
- Make the dough as thin as 1/2 inch thick using a rolling pin.
- Pour 1/3 cup melted butter onto the dough. Use a pastry brush to spread the butter entirely.
- Sprinkle prepared nut- sugar mixture over butter.
- Begin to roll the dough, starting from the long end.
- When rolled up, slice it into 1/2 slices.
- Grease your baking pan, and arrange all slices there.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. When done, let rest 5 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze: combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.
- Serve drizzled with vanilla glaze.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT