Sugar Donut Muffins is a cross between muffins, cupcakes, and donuts. Only the original donuts are fried in oil. Whereas, the donut muffins are baked with the least amount of fat. It is tasty and not greasy, especially if you follow this recipe.
Sugar Donut Muffins
Honestly, donuts are not exactly my favorite food. But it’s always so interesting to cook something new very often. it seems that the process will be complex and lengthy. But in reality, everything always turns out to be a hundred times easier and more fun.
I had no experience with cooking donuts before. So I acted on this principle – when you do not know where to start, start with the classics.
I chose the most classic muffin donut recipe. Classic in my understanding, as my mom cooked me – a magnificent and airy dough covered with sugar. Here they are – real donut muffins!
How to make donut muffins?
To cook these donut muffins you will need quite a bit of prop.
First, beat the egg with sugar until light foam. In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and combine with the egg mixture. Add milk, vegetable oil, and knead the consistent dough.
Spread 3/4 on the muffin tins, bake for 15 minutes, then cool. Dip each muffin in melted butter, roll in sugar.
Do you need a special donut muffins baking dish?
This dough is perfectly baked in any form. It can be a silicone cupcake baking dish, non-stick mini, or standard muffin baking dish. And of course, it can be a special donut baking dish. Grease or spray oil on the surface of the baking dish and fill it ½ or ¾ of the mixture.
Can you freeze donut muffins?
To freeze donut muffins, be sure that they have completely cooled down after baking. Place them in a container with a lid or in a special bag for freezing.
Put in the freezer and store for 3-4 months. Before serving, defrost them overnight in the refrigerator. You can also heat the muffins in the oven with convection mode, or use the microwave.
How to make Sugar Donut Muffins from scratch
- Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 F, grease or spray the muffin baking dish with oil. In a large bowl, mix the egg and sugar, beat with a whisk until light.
- Step 2. Sift flour into a small bowl, mix with salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- Step 3. Combine the milk mixture with flour, mix.
- Step 4. Pour in milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract, mix with a whisk until a thick and uniform consistency.
- Step 5. Pour the dough into muffin tins, filling approximately 3/4.
- Step 6. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the skewer inserted inside comes out dry and clean.
- Step 7. Melt the butter, pour it into a small bowl. Pour sugar into another. Dip the cooled muffin in butter, roll it in sugar and transfer to a tray or cutting board.
Replace nutmeg with ground cinnamon if desired.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, HERE ARE A FEW MORE I THINK YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE!
How to store donut muffins?
Muffins are perfectly stored at room temperature for 5-6 days. Wrap them in parchment or cover them with cling film to keep the muffins fresh and soft longer.
If you want to keep their freshness even longer, put them in a bowl, cover with a baking dish and refrigerate.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- Butter Pecan Cookies For Tea Time
- A Lemon Cake To Die For!
- Easy Peach Cobbler
- Mini Lemon Drop Cakes
- Pineapple Sunshine Cake
Sugar Donut Muffins
3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk (low fat is fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar, for rolling
- Beat the egg with sugar until light.
- Combine all dry ingredients, add the egg mixture and mix.
- Pour in milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, mix until a dough is obtained.
- Pour the dough into muffin baking tins, filling 3/4. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Dip the cooled muffin in melted butter, roll in sugar.
- Use low-fat milk and odorless vegetable oil.
- Fill the muffin baking dish with 1/2 or 3/4 dough.
- Dip the muffins in melted butter with one hand and roll them in sugar with another hand.
Leave a Reply