These moist, healthy and crumbly Zucchini Carrot Muffins are the perfect choices for breakfast. They taste so good with morning coffee or tea. If you like carrot cake you will definitely like these carrot muffins with raisins, cinnamon, grated carrots, and zucchini.
ZUCCHINI CARROT OATMEAL MUFFINS
If you have never eaten carrot cake and it seems strange to add grated carrots and zucchini to your desserts, you should definitely try to prepare these carrot muffins.
They will change your imagination about dessert with veggies. Also, you can add some of your favorite ingredients to these carrot muffins. For example, apples, walnuts, pecans, nutmeg, or ginger will add extra flavor to them.
How to make ZUCCHINI CARROT OATMEAL MUFFINS
Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the frequently asked questions and pro tips to bake the Best Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Muffins.
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Beat 3 eggs and one egg white with a whisk.
- Step 2. Add ¾ cup vegetable oil to the beaten eggs. Whisk until smooth.
- Step 3. Then, add 1 cup grated carrot, 1 cup grated zucchini, and ¾ cup golden raisins.
- Step 4. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- Step 5. In another large bowl, stir together ½ cup rolled oats, 1 cup flour, 1 ½ cups wheat flour, 1 ½ cups sugar, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 ½ tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp salt.
- Step 6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix until combined.
- Step 7. Grease the muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Step 8. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin pan. Fill each muffin liner about ¾ full. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT ZUCCHINI CARROT OATMEAL MUFFINS
- If you grate zucchini and carrot and they turn out very wet, squeeze out the excess moisture. It will help you to make your carrot muffins moist, but not wet.
- If you don’t have paper liners, you can also grease the muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- If you don’t like raisins, you can replace them with chopped walnuts or pecans.
- You can store these carrot muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
how long to bake carrot muffins?
Before baking muffins, make sure your oven is preheated to 350°F. It’s better to bake carrot muffins in the middle of the oven. Bake carrot muffins in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
You can check the readiness of carrot muffins with a toothpick. If a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean – your carrot muffins are ready.
why do carrot muffins turn green?
It rarely happens with my carrot muffins or carrot cakes, but carrot muffins can turn green if you use baking soda or too much baking soda. If you do use baking soda, just make sure that all of the ingredients are completely mixed.
Due to the chemical reaction of baking soda and grated carrots, it can change color.
what can you add to carrot muffins?
You can add a lot of ingredients to carrot muffins. If you want to improve your carrot muffin, you can add grated apples, chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, dried fruits, a pinch of nutmeg, or ginger.
Also, you can decorate your carrot muffins with glaze.
can you freeze carrot muffins?
Yes, these carrot muffins freeze well. According to this recipe, you will get about 18 muffins, so you can freeze some of them. I like to use my frozen carrot muffins for breakfast.
If I don’t have enough time to prepare breakfast, I defrost these carrot muffins. They really taste very good with morning coffee or tea. Let carrot muffins cool completely before freezing them.
I prefer to freeze them in an airtight container.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- Blueberry Delight
- Perfect Apple Pie Cookies
- Lemon Pound Cake
- A Lemon Cake To Die For!
- Old Fashioned Donut Muffins
ZUCCHINI CARROT OATMEAL MUFFINS
- 1/2 cup rolled oats;
- 1 cup flour;
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour;
- 1 1/2 cups sugar;
- 1 tbsp baking powder;
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon;
- 1 tsp salt;
- 3 eggs;
- 1 egg white;
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil;
- 1 cup grated zucchini;
- 1 cup grated carrot;
- 3/4 cup golden raisins.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Add eggs and egg white to a bowl. Beat using a whisk until smooth. Pour vegetable oil t the beaten eggs and whisk until combined.
- Then, add grated zucchini, grated carrot, and raisins. Mix until combined. *If grated zucchini or grated carrot is very wet, squeeze out the excess moisture. Set aside.
- Add rolled oats, flour, wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to the large bowl. Stir. Add the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Fill each liner about ¾ full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let them cool completely in the muffin pan at room temperature. Then remove the zucchini carrot muffins from the pan. Enjoy!