Have you already try to make a lemon pound cake? There are so many recipes for lemon cakes, it’s always hard to choose the one you love more. Therefore, I love experimenting with recipes, and I have never made a mistake in my love of lemon flavor.
This time I decided to cook a delicate, sweet lemon pound cake recipe with simple ingredients, and a fast dough preparation process.
Bread flour, eggs, and egg yolk are of great importance in this lemon pound cake recipe. Thanks to them, the cake turned out very fluffy.
You can enjoy it simply by cutting it into slices, or you can make a stunning dessert by serving each slice with whipped cream and decorating it with blueberries.
My children were pleasantly surprised because they didn’t expect to try such a sweet lemon cake from the loaf pan.
You have to bake this cake for more than an hour, but don’t worry if after an hour the cake is already golden brown, it will still be moist inside. When it is ready you will be surprised.
The cake crust will be brown, but the inside will be light, sunny, and lemony. Also, there will be a crack in the center of the cake.
Do not worry, according to the lemon pound cake recipe, the crack should be there. In this case, the syrup soaks the cake even better.
We added lemon juice everywhere, to the cake, to the syrup, to the icing. You will definitely be delighted with this flavor and taste.
You can serve it with tea or coffee, and if you still don’t have enough lemon flavor, you can sprinkle lemon zest onto the icing. I am sure you will definitely like this lemon pound cake recipe if you try it.
- Use butter, eggs, sour cream at room temperature.
- If you don’t have a loaf pan you can also use a bundt pan (baking time may change).
- You can use all-purpose flour instead of bread flour.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD
- EASY YOGURT BREAD
- PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
- PINA COLADA QUICK BREAD
- For the cake:
- 2 ½ cups bread flour;
- ¼ tsp baking soda;
- ⅛ tsp salt;
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature;
- 1 ¾ cups sugar;
- zest from 3 lemons;
- ⅓ cup sour cream;
- 4 eggs plus 1 egg yolk;
- ¼ cup lemon juice.
- For the syrup:
- ½ cup sugar;
- ¼ cup lemon juice;
- 2 tbsp water.
- For the icing:
- 1 tbsp butter, melted;
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar;
- 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Using a hand mixer (or stand mixer), cream butter with sugar and lemon zest, until light and fluffy (about 8 mins). Add the sour cream, mix until combined. Then beat in the eggs and egg yolk 1 at a time. Add the lemon juice, mix until well combined.
- *don't forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl between additions.
- Lower the speed and add dry ingredients, mix until just incorporated. Then finish mixing with a spatula. The dough will be thick.
- Grease 9x5 inch loaf pan with butter and cover the bottom of the pan with parchment paper (сover only the long sides and leave some hanging paper on each side, it will help to unmold the cake).
- Transfer the cake dough to the baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 95 mins, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. While the cake is baking, you can prepare a syrup.
- Combine sugar, lemon juice, and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and continue to a low boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 mins. Poke holes all over the cake with a skewer. Evenly pour half of the syrup over the cake. When the syrup is soaked up, repeat with the remaining syrup.
- Remove cake from the pan using hanging parchment paper. Let it cool completely in a wire rack.
- To make an icing: in a bowl, combine melted butter, powdered sugar, and lemon juice. Pour the lemon icing over the cake. Slice and enjoy it!
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT
Can you bake a cake in a bread pan?
Yes, lemon pound cake can be baked in a bread pan too.
Baking time may change if you use a smaller or bigger pan, test its doneness by gently inserting a toothpick into the cake.
How do you serve pound cake?
There are many ways to serve the cake, but it depends on your taste preferences.
What about these serving combinations:
-whipped cream with berries or fruits (I really like to serve the lemon pound cake with blueberries or raspberries);
– ice cream with nuts or chocolate.
Do you have to sift flour for pound cake?
I prefer to sift flour. In the process of sifting, the flour becomes looser. The dough turns out smooth, fluffy, soft, has no lumps. It is not necessary to use a sifter, just mix the flour in a bowl for 1-2 minutes with a fork or whisk while mixing it with other dry ingredients.
How to make Lemon Pound Cake ?
1.Preheat oven to 325°F.
2.In a bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda.
3.Using a hand mixer (or stand mixer), cream butter with sugar and lemon zest, until light and fluffy (about 8 mins). Add the sour cream, mix until combined. Then beat in the eggs and egg yolk 1 at a time. Add the lemon juice, mix until well combined.