If you have any ideas for a quicker recipe than Rice Krispie Treats Recipe, I would like to know it!
This weekend, guests suddenly came to me.
I am always happy to meet friends and especially treat them. But honestly, I was not ready to receive it. It is good that nowadays you can quickly order home delivery of food, and we took advantage of this.
But then it turned out that all my desserts supplies were secretly eaten, either by my husband or by my little daughter.
So no one has admitted so far. But that is not the point. I had to get out. I quickly appreciated the contents of the cupboards and found some marshmallows and crispy rice there. My daughter loves breakfast with crispy rice combined with milk. Sorry daughter, I sacrificed your breakfast and made a quick dessert Rice Krispie Treats Recipe in ten minutes *. While we finished eating the ordered pizza, the dessert cooled down and we were able to feast on them for a cup of tea.
Oh no, it’s not me who came up with this recipe. I kept it in notes for a long time, but somehow there was no reason to cook it. Either my daughter eats all the crispy rice, then I use all the marshmallows in my morning coffee. When the last piece of Rice Krispie Treats Recipe was eaten, I realized that it could be made even more special.
For example, add some chocolate chips or cocoa for chocolate gourmet. And also experiment with ground cinnamon. Yes, spices are not superfluous. And of course, do not forget about vanilla, it perfectly shades the taste of crispy rice and marshmallows. If your guests are children, then decorate the top with colored sprinkles.
On the evening of the same day, I became interested in how do they make Rice Krispies?
If possible, I try to cook the dish from start to finish on my own. It would seem nothing complicated. Medium grain rice is harvested, boiled, dried and fried. But, I’m more than sure, if you try to repeat this, you will get anything but not crispy rice. It turned out not so simple.
In production, rice is ground into a paste with water, salt, sugar, malt flavor, and vitamins. This suspension is then molded back into rice “grains”, which are rolled out, and then boiled, dried and fried.
The final “toasting” process works much like popcorn; since the moisture inside the “grain” turns into steam, it all pops up and leads to the texture that we know. Naturally, manufacturers do not disclose the exact recipe for cooking, but, I think, this is not necessary. Still, buy ready-made crispy rice, make Rice Krispie Treats Recipe and enjoy it much easier and cheaper.
- You can use a large marshmallow as an alternative, but believe me, working with a small marshmallow is more convenient and faster.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT
HOW TO MAKE RICE KRISPIE TREATS RECIPE:
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups, plus 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Crispie Cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- Take a deep form 9 * 9 inches and line it with foil. Sprinkle a little with a cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan with a thick bottom, melt the butter over low heat.
- Pour 8 cups of mini-marshmallows and stir constantly.
- Once the marshmallows have melted a little, add salt and crispy rice, stir quickly so that the marshmallows cover the crispy rice and remove from heat.
- Put the cooked mass into a mold and smooth with a spatula.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares.
The Perfect Rice Krispie Treats Recipe FAQ
How many cups are in a family size Rice Krispies?
The weight of the family box is 24 ounces, which is about 25 cups.
What is the origin of Rice Krispie Treats?
Crispy Rice was invented in 1939 as a fundraiser for Camp Fire Girls. After which they gained popularity and began to be used everywhere as a breakfast.
HOW TO MAKE RICE KRISPIE TREATS RECIPE ?
1. Take a deep form 9 * 9 inches and line it with foil. Sprinkle a little with a cooking spray.
2. In a large saucepan with a thick bottom, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Pour 8 cups of mini-marshmallows and stir constantly.
4. Once the marshmallows have melted a little, add salt and crispy rice, stir quickly so that the marshmallows cover the crispy rice and remove from heat.
5. Put the cooked mass into a mold and smooth with a spatula.
6. Let cool completely and cut into squares.
Can you freeze Rice Krispie Treats?
For freezing, place the layers separated by wax paper in a sealed container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving. But this is not the best recipe for freezing. Dessert can become heavy and chewy. Try to avoid freezing!
How to store Rice Krispie Treats?
Rice Krispie Treats is always better to eat on the day of preparation, this is a fact. But, if you want to stretch the pleasure, or prepare to receive guests in advance, then you can freely store it for up to three days. Proper storage is the key to a delicious and fresh dessert. Fold the Rice Krispie Treats in a container or deep mold and tightly close the lid or wrap in cling film. Just do not put in the refrigerator!
Cut into slices just before serving.
Why do my rice crispy treats get hard?
1. Use only fresh marshmallows.
2. Do not cook marshmallows for too long. The longer you cook it, the harder it gets. Melted a little and immediately add crispy rice.
3. Do not stir crisp rice for too long so as not to break it.
4. When put in a cooling mold, do not press too hard, the treat should be light and airy, not dense.