If you’re looking for a quick dessert bread recipe – here it is! The coconut cream and pineapple are doing their job, and it’s hard to refuse a slice of this bread.
HOW TO MAKE PINA COLADA QUICK BREAD?
Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another. Combine everything together, pour into baking tins, and bake. Finish with a mixture of coconut cream and toasted coconut flakes over chilled bread.
My recommendation: Toast the coconut flakes yourself while your bread is baking. The aroma and taste will be unsurpassed!
Step by Step;
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3 or 4 mini baking tins with oil. (My baking tins are 7.5 * 4 inches, so I only needed 3 of them.) Sift flour into a large bowl, mix with sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, melted butter, crushed pineapple with juice, 2/3 cup coconut cream, and Greek yogurt. Whisk until smooth.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring occasionally, until all ingredients are combined.
- Divide the dough evenly into the mini loaf tins.
- Bake until golden brown, 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove and cool the bread for about 10 minutes in the tins, then another 10 minutes on the wire rack.
- Prepare the topping: In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/3 cup of coconut cream with toasted coconut flakes.
- Place the mixture on top of the cooled bread. Slice and serve immediately.
- You can cook coconut flakes yourself. To do this, grate the pulp of the coconut and fry for 7-10 minutes in a dry frying pan, stirring constantly, until golden brown.
- For more flavor, you can add 1/4 teaspoon of rum extract or 1 tablespoon of actual rum to the dough.
How do you know when quick bread is done?
The approximate time for baking pina colada quick bread is 35-40 min. At the end of the specified time, pierce the loaf in the center with a toothpick, it should come out dry and clean.
Cook for 5-10 minutes if necessary. Note that the larger your baking dishes, the longer it will take to bake.
What makes a quick bread soft and fluffy?
We do not use yeast in this recipe, but it turns out fluffy due to the baking powder.
Eggs play an important role, they also loosen and raise the dough, and the yolk softens it. And of course, we get a soft texture with pineapple pieces and coconut cream.
Do you have to refrigerate quick bread?
This bread should be chilled several times. Let it cool in a baking dish first, then cool it on a wire rack. And, of course, keep it in the refrigerator.
Remember to hide it in a container with a lid or wrap it in foil or cling film. You can also freeze this bread and store it in the freezer for 3-4 months.
PINA COLADA QUICK BREAD
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1 can crushed pineapple (20 ounces)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- remaining coconut cream (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine crushed pineapple with juice, eggs, melted butter, 2/3 cup coconut cream, and yogurt. Stir until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients and whisk. Pour the dough over oiled 3 or 4 mini baking tins and bake 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- For the topping, combine the remaining coconut cream with the toasted coconut flakes and top the cooled bread.
- Be sure to sift the flour before using it, it oxygenates it and makes the baked goods more fluffy.
- You can use pineapple rings, slices, or even fresh pineapple. Either way, you should crushed them down to small pieces. If using fresh pineapple, pour 3/4 cup pineapple juice into the batter.
- My baking tins are 7.5 * 4 inches, so I only needed 3 of them. If your baking tins are smaller, then you need 4.
- Consider the larger your baking dish, the longer it will take to bake.
Sounds Great!!! What kind of coconut cream??? Liquid or cream???
Hi Dana, I prefer to choose thick and high-fat coconut cream in cans. Its creamy texture is great for baking.