Almost every one of us has fond memories of the school lunch ladies and the delicious desserts they used to serve. Today’s recipe is to bring back in your heart and head the sweet and nostalgic memories of elementary school; it is lunch lady brownies recipe. This latter results in chocolaty, chewy and fudgy brownies that are really sweeter and better than the brownies served by lunch ladies for school lunch dessert.
This kind of classic brownie will never die and the proof is that it has been here for over 50 years standing the test of time, why not if it is the favorite dessert for an overwhelming majority of people. What is even wonderful about these brownies is that they need absolutely simple ingredients that are all on hand like cocoa powder, flour, and eggs, isn’t that fantastic!
The super yummy and easy brownies recipe that we put at your disposal below is going to be your to-go favorite dessert in all your coming parties; and how great it is to serve scrumptious homemade desserts at one’s parties, they will give you a reason to pride yourself on your cooking skills. They are also the most perfect late-night snacks that you can quickly prepare when your stomach starts rumbling!
Here are some tips for Brownies Cake:
- We all love brownies, these taste delicious, but cleaning up pan is not.
- Cover brownie pan with aluminum foil, or you can use parchment paper.
- This will make the whole cleaning process easy.
- Whirling caramel sauce, nut butter, or jam into batter is better before you put into the oven.
- You can find these brownies as the lunch ladies which were served for school lunch dessert, but surely this would be a homemade version.
- Well, basically, it’s an old recipe from the famous sweet ladies who served lunches in Elementary school.
- Anyhow, let’s find out the process of making these delicious brownies.
Lunch Lady Brownies
For this delicious brownies, you will need :
- 250g butter, melted and cooled.
- ¼ white sugar.
- 4 eggs, at room temperature.
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract.
- ¾ teaspoon salt.
- 1 cup all purpose flour.
- 1 cup good quality unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 200g roughly chopped chocolate or large chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 inch pan with foil. Grease it with butter so that the pastry does not stick. Put the pan aside
- Pour melted butter into a mixing bowl, add cocoa powder. Stir it until smooth.
- Combine the chocolate mixture with flour and sugar. Whisk it. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Stir care fully until combined.
- Pour the pastry into the prepared pan and smooth out. Bake for25-30 minutes. For reliability, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake, and if comes out dry, then the brownie is done. Take the cake out from the oven, let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing. Mix milk, cocoa powder, butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Pour the resulting mixture over warm cakes. Put brownie in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to cool down
- Once the dessert has cooled, cut it into small bars and serve.