If dinner is quickly needed, then the Scalloped Corn Casserole recipe is what you need.
Is it possible not to love corn?
These sunny grains are just asking for a dinner table. Especially when the weather is cloudy and you lack bright colors.
SCALLOPED CORN CASSEROLE
I remember how in my childhood granny cooked a lot of corncobs for the whole family in a huge 5-liter saucepan.
I had to wait almost 2 hours for all these corncobs to cook! And I walked around in an anxious expectation. And then with such pleasure, I ate my favorite treat.
Now I still love corn and every time I am happy to discover a new recipe.
Sweet juicy corn can complement any meal. For example, salad, soup, pancakes, meatballs, snacks, and pilaf. Or become its main ingredient, as in the case with Scalloped Corn Casserole.
This side dish is quite light and goes well with almost any meal.
How do you make Scalloped corn casserole with crackers?
First, you need to beat the eggs with half & half. Then add sugar, salt, corn kernels, 1/2 cup chopped crackers, and 1 cup grated cheese.
Mix everything and put it in a baking dish. Cook for about half an hour.
Now you need to mix the melted butter with the remaining crackers. Sprinkle the casserole with cheese and prepared crackers. Bake for about 20 minutes.
In the end, sprinkle with chopped herbs and serve until the dish has cooled.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH scalloped corn?
Scalloped Corn can be perfectly used as a main course. Even so, it goes well with any vegetable salads and meat dishes.
How to use a corncob?
There is a special knife with which corn grains can be easily cut from the cob. If you don’t have one, lay the corncob on the cutting board and carefully cut the kernels with a regular knife.
To avoid clutter, place the corncob in a tall and wide cup.
Then the grains will not scatter in all directions. You can use cut corn grains immediately for its intended purpose. Or put in a strong bag and freeze.
How do you reheat scalloped corn casserole? You can reheat Scalloped corn in several ways:
Put the casserole in a special bowl and heat in the microwave.
Add a few tablespoons of water to the pan, put the casserole, cover the pan with a lid and heat.
Fill the casserole in a heat-resistant dish and preheat in an oven at 325 degrees F.
TIP TO MAKE SCALLOPED CORN CASSEROLE
You can replace Cheddar with your favorite cheese. Mozzarella gives an even more delicate texture. And the old orange cheddar will give brightness.
If you do not like parsley, replace it with basil, thyme, or chopped green onions.
Prepare the corn mixture in advance, for example in the morning. Store in the refrigerator for no more than 8 hours, then bake.
Can you freeze scalloped corn?
Before freezing the Scalloped Corn Casserole, cool it. Fill the casserole in a container with a sealed lid. Store in the freezer for no more than 1 month.
More Casserole Recipes You’ll Love
- Paula Deen Corn Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
- Johnny Marzetti Casserole – (ground Beef Casserole Recipe)
- Easy Hamburger Casserole Recipe (4 Ingredients)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups corn kernels fresh, or thawed from frozen
- 1 1/2 cups buttery crackers such as Ritz, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- cooking spray
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease the baking dish with oil or drizzle with a cooking spray. The volume of the form is 2-3 liters.
- 2. Combine the eggs and half & half, beat until smooth.
- 3. Add salt, sugar, corn kernels, 1/2 cup chopped crackers, and 1 cup grated cheese. Mix.
- 4. Put the mixture in the cooked dish and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the edges are set.
- 5. Melt the butter and combine with the remaining crackers. Remove the casserole from the oven. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and butter crackers. Bake for another 20 minutes or until the casserole gets brown.
- 6. Sprinkle the prepared casserole with chopped herbs and serve.
- If you do not have half & half, take drinking cream and dilute in half with milk. The bottom line is that the percentage of fat is about 10%.
- If you use canned corn, then reduce the cooking time of the casserole by 2 times.
- If the butter is not evenly distributed and the cracker remains dry, sprinkle it with a cooking spray.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT
Leave a Reply