The edible cookie dough recipe is a cool recipe for crunchy chocolate chip cookies. Take note of this recipe! You can use it to bake cookies right after the dough preparing or store it in the refrigerator until convenient.
How to make edible cookie dough?
Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the frequently asked questions and pro tips to bake the Best Edible Cookie Dough.
- Step 1. In a deep bowl, combine sugar and softened butter. Whisk with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Step 2. Add milk, vanilla extract to the butter mixture, and mix again.
- Step 3. Put flour in a bowl and microwave for 45-60 seconds until the internal temperature reaches 160F. Or sprinkle flour on a baking sheet and heat in the oven for about 7-10 minutes at 350F.
- Step 4. Combine flour, salt, and butter mixture. Whisk well so that no flour lumps remain.
- Step 5. Add chocolate chips and stir well with a spatula.
- Step 6. Use the cookie dough straight away or wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Can I bake edible cookie dough?
Of course, for this we prepared it. You can use this recipe immediately after preparation, form balls of dough with a regular or ice cream spoon, roll with your hands.
Place on a baking sheet and gently crush flat-bottomed cups to create cookies. This dough does not spread and practically does not grow during baking. Thus, the cookie will have the shape you give it.
If you want to use the dough later, roll it into a sausage about 2 inches in diameter. Then wrap it in plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator or freezer. To bake it, simply cut it into cookies. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
Can you make edible cookie dough without brown sugar?
You can easily replace all brown sugar with an equal amount of white sugar. This will not change the consistency of the dough at all. The appearance of the cookies will change slightly. With the use of white sugar, it will be lighter. And using brown is more caramel.
Do you have to refrigerate edible cookie dough?
You can use the recipe to bake cookies immediately after dough preparation. If you want to leave this venture for a more opportune moment, then you should put the dough in the refrigerator.
To do this, roll the dough into a long sausage no more than 2 inches in diameter and wrap it in plastic wrap. Put it in the refrigerator or even freeze it.
Why is my edible cookie dough crumbly?
This may be because you are not using a kitchen scale and the amount of flour has been exceeded. For this recipe, we will need 1⅓ cup flour, which equals 5.5 ounces.
The loose dough can be corrected by adding milk. Add half a teaspoon at a time, stirring in the dough until you are satisfied with the consistency.
Why is my edible cookie dough grainy?
The grainy dough can be caused by sugar or flour.
- Whisk the butter and sugar long enough to dissolve the sugar as much as possible for a creamy texture.
- After baking the flour, break up all the lumps with a fork and even rub the flour through a sieve.
Why is my edible cookie dough liquidy?
Check if you took the correct amount of flour, perhaps it is not enough, then add a little. But don’t overdo it to prevent the cookies from getting too hard after baking.
Do not melt butter until liquid. Put it out of the refrigerator for future use so that it has time to soften at room temperature.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH
- Use heat-stable chocolate chips.
- Use a kitchen scale or measuring cup to accurately measure the number of ingredients.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- CREAMY LEMON SQUARES
- CINNAMON SUGAR DONUT MUFFINS
- WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE JIFFY CORNBREAD MORE MOIST?
- PINEAPPLE CASSEROLE
- MINI LEMON DROP CAKES
- MILK BAR CRACK PIE RECIPE
How to Make Edible Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Whisk butter with sugar, then add milk and vanilla, mix until smooth
- Heat the flour in the microwave for 45-60 seconds or in the oven for 7-10 minutes at 350F.
- Combine flour, salt and butter mixture, mix. Stir in the chocolate chips and stir the dough with a spatula. Use the dough straight away or refrigerate.
- Watch the heating of the flour carefully so that it does not burn.
- After baking, the flour gets into lumps. Break them with a fork and rub through a sieve to make the dough smooth.