Have you ever eaten Hasselback potatoes or any other vegetable? Well, if you haven’t that means you missed out on a very nice, sweet and funny side of baked vegetables; yeah it is a funny technique of cooking; especially when it comes to how Hasselback vegetables look when they are baked! That said; if your kids don’t eat veggies they will eat them with great enthusiasm when you bake it in this way.
It is a crazy and sweet Swedish method which is about cutting partially; not all the way through; your potatoes or another vegetable into thin slices and add a twist or topping on its top. Actually, there are various and different toppings that go really good with Hasselback baked vegetables.
Right now, It is the coolest way and trend to serve up your veggies in general and potatoes in particular. That is why; we got for you this unique Hasselback maple pecan sweet potatoes recipe. This recipe is a delicious combination of sweet potatoes, maple, nuts, and cinnamon.
By the way, the Hassleback cuts do not only give your potatoes a cool look but also allow the flavor of these perfect and tasty toppings to sweep into your potatoes; hence; your potatoes dish will come out amazingly tasty and full flavored. Apart from being the hottest method to bake potatoes; it is also the easiest so read on the recipe below and enjoy the other wonderful side of baked potatoes!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Prepare the potatoes. It’s best to have sweet potatoes.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and lay them on a cutting board. Line up chopsticks as a guide along either side of the sweet potato. Make cuts on the top of the potato. Add salt, pepper and vegetable oil.
- Prepare your baking dish. Transfer the potatoes to it. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Bake the potatoes for 30-40 minutes until soft.
- Next, prepare the sauce. To do that, in a deep bowl, mix melted butter, chopped pecans, ground cinnamon, vanilla, kosher salt, and maple syrup.
- Take the dish out of the oven, pour the sauce on top of the potatoes, then increase the temperature to 450 degrees. Put the dish back into the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- As soon as the timer sets off, take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and let them cool a bit.
- Serve the potatoes and offer your household members a sweet treat. They have certainly never tasted such a delicacy.
Leave a Reply