Cranberry-Orange Relish is a great addition to many Thanksgiving meals. It is made from fresh cranberries, juicy orange, sweet apple, toasted walnuts, honey, and orange liqueur.
I can’t imagine a traditional Thanksgiving turkey without a cranberry relish or cranberry sauce.
This recipe will give your dish a unique and festive flavor. If you have never cooked cranberry-orange relish at home, believe me, you should cook it once and you will understand that it is much better than the store-bought.
It is really easy and quick to prepare. Just toast the walnuts and blend all of the ingredients using a food processor or an old fashioned grinder. And YES!
you can cook it in advance and remove it from the refrigerator before serving. It is so easy!
Just imagine a delicious turkey, delicate pancakes, or a leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwich with this Cranberry Orange Relish.
I drool when I think about this combination of flavors. The relish is so good that sometimes I just want to eat it with a spoon. Have you ever tried it with ice cream? Try it. You won’t regret it.
what is cranberry-orange relish?
Cranberry-Orange Relish is a raw condiment made from fresh cranberries, toasted walnuts, juicy orange, sweet apple, honey, and orange liqueur.
It is perfect for turkey, duck, chicken, pancakes, waffles, and even vanilla ice cream. Traditionally, it is prepared for Thanksgiving Day.
How to make cranberry-orange?
- Step 1. Spread walnuts evenly on a baking sheet. Toast in the preheated oven for 8-12 minutes or until toasted.
- Step 2. Transfer toasted walnuts to a plate. Let them cool completely at the room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Step 3. Add cranberries, orange, and apple chunks to the food processor. Blend until finely chopped. Do not blend to a smooth texture.
- Step 4. Blend until finely chopped. Do not blend to a smooth texture.
- Step 5. Add toasted walnuts. Blend until chopped.
- Step 6. Add honey and liqueur.
- Step 7. Mix until well combined. Then, chill this tasty cranberry orange relish in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
what to serve with cranberry-orange relish?
Traditionally, this recipe is served with Thanksgiving turkey, but it also tastes so good with beef, chicken, pancakes, waffles, cream cheese, and vanilla ice cream.
Can you buy cranberry relish?
Sure, you can! homemade cranberry orange relish is much better. It consists only of a few ingredients, and you can prepare it really quickly. Homemade cranberry relish is juicy, fragrant, and very tasty.
how long does cranberry-orange relish last?
It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or you can store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Preparation tips and tricks:
I prefer to use Fuji and Gala apples to this cranberry orange relish.
It tastes better after chilling in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Cranberry orange relish can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- - ½ cup walnuts;
- - 12 oz cranberries;
- - 1 orange, cut into chunks;
- - 1 sweet crisp apple, cut into chunks;
- - ⅓ cup honey;
- - 1 tbsp orange liqueur.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast walnuts in preheated oven on a baking sheet for 8 to 12 minutes. Then, remove them from the oven and transfer to a plate. Let them cool completely.
- Blend cranberries, apple and orange chunks using a food processor until crunchy. Then, add toasted walnuts. Pulse a few times until walnuts will be chopped.
- Add this cranberry mixture to the bowl. Add honey and liqueur, mix. Chill overnight (at least 2 hours).