Rum Punch is one of the most favorite aperitifs in the West Indies. Who will refuse to have a glass of stone-cold tropical classic cocktail, especially while resting on the beach and enjoying the perfect sea view?
How to make rum punch?
- Step 1. Combine a cup of orange juice and a cup of pineapple juice in a pitcher or measuring cup.
- Step 2. Squeeze 1/4 cup of lime juice. Add freshly squeezed juice, white and black rum, and grenadine to the same pitcher and stir well.
- Step 3. Fill serving glasses with ice and divide prepared punch between glasses.
- Step 4. Serve garnished with a slice of lime or orange and enjoy!
What is rum punch made of?
Traditionally rum punch is made of sour juice, rum, sweetener, and water. Classic Rum Punch cocktail recipe usually consists of light, dark, or coconut rum and a mixture of fruit juice.
It could be pineapple, orange juice, lemon, or lime juice. Grenadine is another popular additive to rum punch, it’s commonly used to add the color to the cocktail.
This recipe is quite adaptable and you can always adjust the ingredients according to your taste or use ingredients you have in hand.
Can Rum Punch spoil?
When you add hard liquors to fruit juice, they work as preservatives, preventing juices from spoiling. Rum punch can “survive” for 2 weeks or even more. But the fruit juice may start to turn.
Maybe rum punch won’t spoil, but it’s not recommended drinking it after a couple of days.
What’s In a Rum Punch Cocktail?
For our rum punch recipe, we use orange juice, pineapple juice, white and dark rum, freshly squeezed lime juice, grenadine, and ice.
How long does rum punch last?
As you may know, hard liquors like vodka, rum, tequila, whiskey, and most liquors can be stored for years and won’t go bad. But it’s not about homemade rum punch, because the cocktail contains fruits’ juices.
The taste of the cocktail will become watery and less saturated in a few days. As we’ve already mentioned, fruit juice may start to turn. So, we don’t recommend drinking it after a couple of days.
But don’t worry, if you prepare it according to our recipe it will end sooner than your party. You won’t have a chance to check how long rum punch lasted!
Preparation Tips & Tricks:
You can use bottled lime juice instead of freshly squeezed juice. Just use it according to the package instructions.
Rum punch can be made in advance. Try not to make it too far in advance, because the flavors of fruit juices will start to taste off.
Add ice right before serving, otherwise, the ice will melt and water the cocktail down.
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup white rum
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup of grenadine
- In a pitcher or measuring cup combine orange and pineapple juices.
- Add freshly squeezed lime juice, white and black rum and grenadine. Stir well.
- Pour prepared punch into glasses filled with ice.
- Serve garnished with a slice of lime or orange and enjoy!
Leave a Reply