This exciting and flavorsome sausage, green bean, and potato casserole is a perfect blend of meat, veg, and potatoes for a warm hearty dinner.
Seasoned well and easy to follow the recipe I’m sure this will go down as a family favorite! With the cold nights approaching this sausage, green bean, and potato casserole is perfect.
I use fresh green beans for this dish but if you only have frozen that will work just as well and if you have trouble finding creamer potatoes you can use small red potatoes.
HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE GREEN BEAN POTATO CASSEROLE?
Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the frequently asked questions and pro tips to bake the Best Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole.
- Step 1. Wash and cut the potatoes in half then add to a food bag with the oil, seasoning, pepper, and red pepper flakes – shake well.
- Step 2. In a frying pan add the sliced sausage and water and cook until brown then add to the food bag once cool.
- Step 3. To the frying pan melt butter and cook the onion and garlic.
- Step 4. Add this to the food bag along with the green beans and shake well.
- Step 5. Empty the food bag into your baking dish and cover with foil, cook for 40 minutes at 200C/400F.
CAN THIS SAUSAGE GREEN BEAN POTATO CASSEROLE BE MADE IN THE SLOW COOKER?
Yes, you can certainly make sausage green bean, and potato casserole in a slow cooker instead. Simply add all the ingredients in you can even add some parsley and sweet potato to accompany the sausage and green beans.
CAN I USE FRESH GREEN BEANS?
Yes, you can use either fresh or frozen green beans however I would always recommend using fresh ingredients where possible as frozen they will release a lot of water during cooking.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
You can serve sausage green bean and potato casserole simply by itself as it is an all-rounded dish with plenty of vegs, meat, and carbs or you can serve some salad on the side for a refreshing addition to the sausage, green bean, and potato casserole.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- PAULA DEEN’S AMAZING CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- CHEESY HAMBURGER CASSEROLE
- LOADED POTATO RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE
SAUSAGE GREEN BEAN POTATO CASSEROLE
- 1 and 1/2 lbs sausage kielbasa or smoked sausage (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 2 lbs creamer potatoes or small red potatoes (washed and sliced in half)
- Green beans
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F
- Add potatoes to a sealable food bag and add the oil, seasoning, pepper and red pepper flakes - shake the bag to coat completely
- In a pan, fry the sliced sausage along with the water until most of it has evaporated, Remove the sausage and let cool
- Now add the sausage to the food bag. Melt butter in a pan and cook the onions and garli. Allow this to cool also and then add to the food bag
- Finally, add the green beans to the food bab also and give it a shake so all ingredients are well combined. Empty the bag into a 9x13 baking dish
- Cover with foil then cook in the oven for 40 minutes