What could be more beautiful than pastries with which you do not need to mess around for a long time? One, two, three cake – this is about Apple Coffee Cake.
All you need to do is mix all the ingredients in one bowl, pour it into a baking dish, and top it with apples. Together with the preparation of the glaze, it will take you no more than 10 minutes.
What do I need to make an apple coffee cake?
You will need a few simple ingredients to make this cake. This is a white cake mix, apple pie filling, eggs, sour cream, water, and cinnamon.
If you don’t have the first two ingredients on hand, you can cook them yourself from scratch if you have the time. Just google a little) You can also replace the white cake mix with yellow.
On top of all this, you need confectioners’ sugar and milk for the glaze.
How to make Apple Pie Filling Coffee Cake?
Follow the simple recipe below to make this apple pie-filling coffee cake from scratch.
- Step 1. Preheat oven to 350F, brush with oil, and flour on a baking dish (use 9 * 13 inches).
In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients from the list: white cake mix, eggs, sour cream, water, and cinnamon. Mix with a whisk or mixer until smooth.
- Step 2. Pour the dough into a prepared baking dish.
- Step 3. Spoon the apple pie filling over the batter, covering the entire surface.
The apples are partially dipped in the dough and the cake is baked through the apples.
- Step 4. Bake for 40 minutes, then test the cake with a toothpick. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Step 5. In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and milk and mix thoroughly. If the glaze is too thick, add milk over a teaspoon. Sprinkle the glaze on the cake and serve.
Does apple coffee cake need to be refrigerated?
After baking, you can cool the cake for 10-20 minutes so that the coated glaze does not spread over the hot cake, but hardens faster.
It is of course best to store the finished cake in the refrigerator.
This will extend its shelf life up to a week. At room temperature, it can be stored for no more than 2 days.
- Optionally, you can use the yellow cake mix instead of the white one.
- For a special flavor, you can add a pinch of nutmeg to the dough or sprinkle crushed nuts over apples.
- You can make two small cakes by dividing the dough in half.
Can you freeze the apple coffee cake?
Yes, to do this, wait until the cake has completely cooled down. Then wrap the cake with plastic wrap and foil. Or fold in an airtight container with a lid.
Store in the freezer for about 2 months.
Defrost the cake overnight in the refrigerator before use, or reheat in the oven. To do this, place the pie in a cold (!) oven and set the temperature to 250F.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- HOMEMADE CHEESE DANISH
- PINEAPPLE DREAM DESSERT
- NO-BAKE CHERRY YUM YUM
- BUTTER SWIM BISCUITS
- NO BAKE CLASSIC WOOLWORTH CHEESECAKE
Apple Pie Filling Coffee Cake
- 1 pkg white cake mix (2 layer)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 c sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 c water
- 1 (21oz) can apple pie filling
- 1 c confectioners' sugar
- 1-1 1/2 Tbsp milk
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl with a mixer until smooth. Pour the dough into a greased 9 * 13 inch baking dish.
- Spoon the apple pie filling on top of the dough, covering the entire surface. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
- Make the glaze with milk and confectioners' sugar and sprinkle over the cooled cake.