Easy pineapple dream dessert is a light and airy dessert. Such a dessert is very easy and quick to prepare, even a beginner can handle it! All you need is a mixer and a little patience.
How to make an easy pineapple dream dessert?
Combine melted butter with crumbs and tamp in a square baking dish, bake at 300F for 10 minutes.
Whisk the butter and cream cheese until creamy, add the powdered sugar, whisk again.
Add one heaping tablespoon of drained pineapple, stir and place over the baked crust.
Combine remaining pineapple and Cool Whip, stir and place on top of the cream. Sprinkle with leftover crumbs and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Can easy pineapple dream dessert be made ahead?
Yes of course. This is exactly the dessert that needs to be prepared in advance.
In order for the dessert to be cut into portioned pieces and they are not sprayed on your plate, you need to cool it in the refrigerator. At least 4 hours, preferably at night.
Making Pineapple dream dessert From scratch?
- Preheat oven to 300 F. melt the butter in the microwave or over low heat. Combine crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour 2 cups of the mixture into a 9 “* 9” baking dish and tamp firmly with the flat bottom of the cup. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes, then chill on a wire rack.
- In a mixer bowl, combine softened butter and cream cheese, beat until creamy.
- Reduce speed and add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Mix and whisk for about 1 minute. Add 1 heaping tablespoon of drained and chopped pineapple and stir with a spatula. Spread the mixture over the baked crust and smooth with a spatula.
- Place the remaining chopped pineapple in the Cool Whip, stir gently, and place it on top of the creamy layer.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cracker crumbs on top and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- You can use pineapple rings, slices, or even fresh pineapple. In any case, you need to chop the pineapple into small pieces and squeeze very well. Excess liquid can ruin the creamy consistency.
- You can skip baking the cracker crumbs with butter. To prevent the crust from crumbling, put the mold in the refrigerator for an hour so that the butter hardens.
- For more flavor, you can add vanilla while whipping the cream, and sprinkle the top with coconut flakes.
Optionally, you can diversify the easy pineapple dream dessert by adding vanilla while whipping the cream. And sprinkle the top with coconut flakes.
How do you store leftover pineapple dream desserts?
Store the remaining dessert in the refrigerator. Wrap your pan with cling film or transfer the leftovers to a container with an airtight lid.
This is necessary so that the cream does not wind up and so that the dessert does not absorb foreign odors from the refrigerator.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Pineapple dream dessert
- 2 1/2 cups graham crumbs 2 sleeves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz Cool Whip fat-free
- 20 oz crushed pineapple drained well
- Combine melted butter and cracker crumbs in a bowl and stir until uniform. Pour 2 cups of the mixture into a 9 * 9 "square baking dish, tamp the layer down with the flat bottom of the cup. Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven to 300F.
- Beat cream cheese and softened butter with a mixer until creamy. Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and beat gently on low speed, then on high speed for 1 minute. Add 1 heaping spoonful of dried and chopped pineapple to the cream, mix. Place the creamy layer over the crust, spread with a spatula.
- Combine the Cool Whip with the remaining pineapple, stir gently, place on top of the creamy layer, and spread with a spatula. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- If you don't have graham crumbs on hand, make your own by grinding a cracker in a blender to a gritty state.
- Do not beat cream cheese, butter, and icing sugar for more than 1 minute, otherwise, the butter may begin to flake.
Made this yummy dessert,,my sister that passed away made this every Sunday ,so glad you shared this recipe
So glad you loved it! Thanks so much for the 5 star rating!
This recipe was delicious 😋. However, the graham cracker bottom “stuck” to my dish😞. I’m going to spray the dish prior to adding the graham cracker bottom the next time. The bottom was delicious, just the ends/corners were hard to get out of the dish.
I use a non-stick baking dish, so I don’t use an oil spray. To prevent the bottom from sticking to the mold, you can also try lining the mold with a sheet of parchment or foil.
I agree. The crust stuck to the bottom of the dish when I made it,but It was delicious
Can I use on top roasted almond flakes instead of crumbs?
Yes, of course, it will be great!
I’m puzzled. In your ingredients list you “Don’t List dried and chopped pineapple.” In the preparation for the recipe, you have dried and chopped pineapple to add to the layers? Also, I make different versions of this recipe a lot, and none of the recipes I have ever used, called for adding butter to the fillings first layer or anywhere else , except in the crust . Since the filling isn’t baked, I can’t see why there’d be added butter in it? Oh well, I’ll try it with and without butter in the filling just to see the difference in overall taste. Thanks for sharing your recipe! I do enjoy new variations of recipes! Thanks again! Debbe’💞
Hi Debbe, the ingredient list says “20 oz crushed pineapple drained well”. whether they are crushed or finely chopped does not matter. the main thing is to drain them well. About butter – there are many recipes, this option includes it. Most cake creams are made with whipped butter and it really tastes good. good luck!
Can this dessert be frozen?
Hi Penny, of course, you can freeze it. wrap your baking dish in plastic wrap, put it in the freezer. defrost overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Thank you so much for the answer to my question!! This is the closest I have been able to find of a recipe that duplicates what my Mom used to make when I was a girl. It is delicious, thanks so much!
I was going to make this tomorrow and was wondering how and when I can add coconut into this recipe.
Hi, Mariah, you can add coconut instead of or along with pineapple. add it in the same step as pineapple. into the cream cheese and into the Cool Whip.
This really looks yummy
Thanks, Janice I hope you enjoy it
If I want to make this in a 13×9 pan, how much of the ingredients should I use?
Hi Ofelia, you can freely double the amount of all ingredients.